• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player uninstaller

Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting a pop up asking to uninstall flash player as it will no longer be supported after Dec 31, 2020. Is this a legit link? How can I tell? I am on a Mac OS 10.13.6 The window pops up on it's own, but it launches an app "Flash Player Installer Manager".  I noticed that in my Application>utilities folder there is a "Flash Player Installer Manager" that says it was created Nov. 24, 2020 and updated today Dec 9, 2020. If I double click on the app, the  window pops up with Quit or Uninstall options? I just closed the window. I don't remember installing this, but I do get Adobe Flash player update prompts from time to time and I do do them or they get done automatically. It's probably all fine, but I just want to make sure I did not accidently update my flash player with a virus at some point and this uninstall is part of it and they are using the End of flash player to get people to install malware by clicking on the link. I am not sure how to check.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

For completeness, if you're ever in doubt about whether the uninstallation pop-up is legitimate, you can always download and run the manual uninstaller.  

Uninstall Flash Player - Mac:
https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-mac-os.html

Uninstall Flash Player - Windows:
https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a legitimate notification prompting users to uninstall Flash Player priot to its end-of-life at the end of 2020.

The prompt uninstalls Flash Player silently in the background and then launches default browser to a 'thank you' page with an optional offer.

You can confirm Flash Player has been uninstalled by going to System Preferences and looking for Flash Player Settings Manager, which will no be present when Flash Player is not installed.

Or going to /Applications/Utilties and looking for Adobe Flash Player Install Manager.app, which will not be present when Flash Player is not installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For completeness, if you're ever in doubt about whether the uninstallation pop-up is legitimate, you can always download and run the manual uninstaller.  

Uninstall Flash Player - Mac:
https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-mac-os.html

Uninstall Flash Player - Windows:
https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for the manual uninstaller.  This morning has been a trip.  I went to a website that said I needed to update my Flash Player.  I did it.  It said I needed to install a new Helper, so I put in my password and let it run then a bizarre Thank you page (in Blue with gold smoke) appeared from a website called "thankyofferspage.com".  Not knowing if this is a virus - I contacted Adobe who told me that they no longer supported Flash (then I recalled hearing that) and they directed me here.  I uninstalled Flash, but when I go back to my Mac applications folder - it's still there...  Thoughts???    Thanks!  Tina

Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 11.39.00 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines