Flash Player Uninstaller

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to use the uninstaller app for Flash player and it does not seem to work. When I get to verifying that uninstallation was successful, I still find flash player in my control panel. I have turned it off in Edge, which it came with, but I'm not sure what other options I have to remove flash player other than wait for edge to update after December 31, 2020. It's been suggested by Adobe I not wait until then, but I'm not sure if there are other options to get it off my computer.  Before hitting run, I make sure I close out of my browsers and any other apps I know are using Flash Player.

TOPICS
End of life

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player is a built-in component of Internet Explorer and Edge on Windows 8 and higher.  They're distributed directly by Microsoft.  We don't actually have the ability to read or write to the locations where they're installed, so our uninstaller isn't going to work there.  Unless you have a compelling need to remove Flash Player, the easiest path is probably to wait for a future update to remove it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's what maria_1 told me, too. And if I read Microsoft's article correctly, which she linked me to, then Microsoft will remove it later this year. I won't need to do anything. I just have to keep updating Edge as I see new updates come out and Microsoft will remove it at its time.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines