• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player Update Error

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, I live in the stone age and still use Windows XP SP3.  During the boot it checks with Adobe for Flash updates.  But it doesn't automatically install them.  Instead I get a message about an update being available and do I want to install it.

I recently got such a message and when I tried to install it, got a message that the installation program did not have a valid digital signature.  I don't remember if I had an option to proceed anyway but I didn't.  A screen shot of what I saw is attached.  The update message appeared for the next one or two boots but has stopped.

The file creating the problem is flashplayer32au_ca_install.exe.  A Google search for it gives no hits but does find flashplayer32au_ha_install.exe.  So I'm wondering if someone at Adobe messed up or is someone trying to install malware or what?  Does anyone have any ideas?

P.S. It's not clear that my screenshot is showing up here.  It can also be viewed here:

https://imgur.com/a/52TucWt

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

flashplayer32au_ca_install.exe is an official installer file, which is digitally signed.  It's possible you're system is missing an update that would properly detect the signature.

You can try a different installer file downloaded from https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer

Or, if you haven't uninstalled the previous version, you can go to the Flash Player Settings Manager in the Control Panel and change the update option to 'Allow Adobe to install updates (recommended)' and Flash Player should u

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody messed up... XP is not going to be compatible with modern code signing technologies. An XP computer is a useful thing, if disconnected from the internet, but the chances of installing updated software are getting smaller and smaller.

(Of course, messages about Flash AFTER boot are generally attacks. If an update DOES install, probably a sign this is a fake.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

flashplayer32au_ca_install.exe is an official installer file, which is digitally signed.  It's possible you're system is missing an update that would properly detect the signature.

You can try a different installer file downloaded from https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer

Or, if you haven't uninstalled the previous version, you can go to the Flash Player Settings Manager in the Control Panel and change the update option to 'Allow Adobe to install updates (recommended)' and Flash Player should update silently in the background within 24-48 hours, assuming an active internet connection.

To access the Flash Player Settings Manager go to Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Flash Player > Updates tab

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Maria.  Since my post the update message reappeared.  I checked Flash Player Updates and it listed me as having 32.0.0.303 and 32.0.0.344.  I switched to allowing Adobe to install and today it was 32.0.0.363.  It's a mystery to me as to why this happened now as I've been manually installing the updates for several years, maybe every 2 months.  But all is well and I've switched back to installing them myself.  We'll see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines