• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player Update Interferes With Other Software Applications

New Here ,
May 18, 2019 May 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many times over many years, and on more than one computer, when my computer has started acting weird, after much frustration and time trying to figure out why the weirdness is occurring by checking Settings in the application where the weirdness is occurring, I re-start the computer, only to find that an Adobe Flash Player Update is pending.  After installing the update, the weirdness that the computer was experiencing goes away.

Case in point: Today I was working on a video editing application (Corel VideoStudio X8 Ultimate V18.5.0.23 64-bit).  I brought in a captured video clip that has audio, but I couldn't get any audio when I played the clip in VideoStudio.  (The previous day, I had no problem using VideoStudio).  After spending a lot of time checking the settings in VideoStudio, I re-started the computer, and found that a Flash Player Update was pending.  I installed the Flash Player Update (so I AM up-to-date), re-started the VideoStudio application and the audio had magically returned.  It is quite obvious to me that any pending Flash Player Update is affecting the operation of other software on my computer.

I have had other problems in the past over many years with different computers and applications, and Adobe Flash Player Update always seemed to be pending whenever I re-started my computer around those problem times.

Product:  Adobe Flash Player

Version: 32.0.0.192

Hardware Info:  Dell XPS 8930, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.19GHz, 16GB RAM

Operating System: Windows 10 Home V1803, OS Build 17134.765, 64-bit, No Pen or Touch Input

Graphics Info: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, Driver V398.36

Browsers: Mozilla 5.0 SeaMonkey, and recent Google Chrome (but can't find a version number)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines