• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player Update Pop-up in Edge Browser

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting a pop-up in the (Windows10) Edge browser offering to update Flash Player. The message appears to come from 'toom6multirho.com'. The graphic presented looks like it's genuine Adobe, but it doesn't say what version will be installed and I've never heard of that 'toom6multirho.com'. I don't trust that pop-up, because I get a lot of obviously malicious pop-ups.

Is it safe to allow a Flash Player update to be installed from 'toom6multirho.com'?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Hi johnp77442640

That is not an official Flash Player update notification and is a scam, as OP mentions.  The bad actors are very good at investing time to make their malicious update notifications look just like official notifications, forcing users to be very vigilant when getting the notifications.  I'll request that the next time you get the notification, take a screenshot of it, including the entire, full, URL, and send it to phishing@adobe.com.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NO !!!

That is a scam from a hacked web site

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi johnp77442640

That is not an official Flash Player update notification and is a scam, as OP mentions.  The bad actors are very good at investing time to make their malicious update notifications look just like official notifications, forcing users to be very vigilant when getting the notifications.  I'll request that the next time you get the notification, take a screenshot of it, including the entire, full, URL, and send it to phishing@adobe.com.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for confirming that it’s a scam. I’ve marked your answer “correct” and have forwarded the screen shot to phishing@adobe.com <mailto:phishing@adobe.com> .

I also tried to add the screen shot to the thread, but was unable to find the camera icon to embed the screen shot.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 21, 2018 Apr 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's also worth noting that Edge includes the Flash plug-in. Updates come directly from Microsoft in Windows 10 automatic updates, and it is not necessary and not possible to install updates any other way. But... fake updates can install just fine !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2018 Apr 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the additional note. I had read that Flash was integrated into Edge, but didn’t realize that meant the updates would necessarily come from Microsoft. That makes sense!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines