• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player Update Request

New Here ,
May 28, 2017 May 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple days after a new install of windows 10 and an install of Adobe Reader I got a message stating my Adobe Flash Player might be out of date. I clicked the update, not thinking I never installed Flash Player. When the update started, it was pinging ingaiccin.com. Is this legit or have I been hacked?? A command prompt window was open during the update process.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 28, 2017 May 28, 2017

Hi,

The update you are seeing is not from a legitimate source. All updates for Flash Player will be from get3.adobe.com url. We will forward the url to the phishing team. Please do not update Flash Player using the above link.

As to your query that you have not installed Flash Player, Windows 10 comes with pre-installed Flash Player(for IE and Edge browsers) and all updates are pushed by Microsoft as part of Windows update. In case you install Flash Player for Firefox or Opera browsers you will be

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hacked by a scammer with screens that "look" valid but are not

The ONLY place to go is Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't answer the question

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

The update you are seeing is not from a legitimate source. All updates for Flash Player will be from get3.adobe.com url. We will forward the url to the phishing team. Please do not update Flash Player using the above link.

As to your query that you have not installed Flash Player, Windows 10 comes with pre-installed Flash Player(for IE and Edge browsers) and all updates are pushed by Microsoft as part of Windows update. In case you install Flash Player for Firefox or Opera browsers you will be prompted for updates if you are not selecting Silent Updates.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines