• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player updates are infected

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why has Adobe not stopped the illicit operation using Adobe Flash Updates to install Mac Tonic and other malware that are installed without permission?

They use the Adobe logo etc. I have had to go to a lot of trouble twice this year to clean these trojan programs out of my Mac OS 10.13.6. I am a user of Adobc PS and LR and subscribe to CC and am really bothered that they have not put a stop to this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 27, 2018 Jul 27, 2018

The web is full of computers with fake Flash updates. Probably millions of them. This is spread automatically. Adobe close them down but thousands more appear. So if a site says you need a Flash update, even a site you trust, never never use their update.

Instead, go to http://get.adobe.com/flash to get the real thing. Usually there is no update needed, that's a trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 27, 2018 Jul 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The web is full of computers with fake Flash updates. Probably millions of them. This is spread automatically. Adobe close them down but thousands more appear. So if a site says you need a Flash update, even a site you trust, never never use their update.

Instead, go to http://get.adobe.com/flash to get the real thing. Usually there is no update needed, that's a trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2018 Jul 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Exactly what OP said.  I regularly forward links to fake installers to the security team to take down.  You can search through these forums where we either ask people to provide us with the URLs or send them directly to phishing@adobe.com.  If you have the URL where you downloaded the malicious installer from I encourage you to forward it directly to phishing@adobe.com.  They do follow-up on these issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines