Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

flash player will not open

Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have uninstalled and reinstalled flash player at least twice, and still I cannot open up the flash player in my control panel, when working with PCH,  I need to clean out its history now and then, but I cant if I cannot open it, this has been going on for more than a week

I am using windows 10 64 bit, and aperently your flash player only goes to 32 bit

and using chorme I got into a nasty loop with the end saying 'System Error. We're sorry but a serious error has occurred in the system.'

[Mod note: Personal info removed, this is an open internet forum]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is PCH?

Flash Player installer is a universal installer that installs both 32- and 64-bit versions of Flash Player on a 64-bit OS.  The client (e.g. web browser) determines which version to use.  If a 32-bit browser is in use, then it'll use the 32-bit version of Flash.  If a 64-bit browser is in use, it'll use the 64-bit version of Flash.

The 32-bit Control Panel item you are referring to is the Flash Player Local Settings Manager, this is not Flash Player itself, which only works in the browser.  This is a universal app that acts on both the 32- and 64-bit versions of Flash that are installed on the system.

What happens when you click on the 32-bit Flash Player item in the Control Panel?

Does it launch from File Explorer > c:\windows\SysWOW64\FlashPlayerApp.exe?

and using chorme I got into a nasty loop with the end saying 'System Error. We're sorry but a serious error has occurred in the system.'

When does this happen?  Does it happen when you attempt to view Flash content?  Please provide exact steps to reproduce this behaviour.  Due to Chrome's security sand-box architecture, the version of Flash Player used by Chrome does not use most of the functionality in the Flash Player Local Settings Manager in the Control Panel.  It uses the online Settings Manager located at Adobe - Flash Player : Settings Manager - Global Privacy Settings Panel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went into control panel and double clicked the flash player icon, and it does nothing, even when i clicked it then times, it would not open up 

and the error is when i tried to go into your forum area, when it told me to sign in and the next thing i know i got the error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the problem, Flash player is fight with Avast antivirus, once I disabled the protection, flash player worked fine.

I contacted them and they gave me some bs about old virus protection in my windows registery, I tried to tell them to get a fix or to tell me where Flashplayers home is, so I could put it into the exeptions, but we will see if they can get a fix for the problem,

I am letting you know so you can tell me where its home is and possibly get a fix for this problem, otherwise I will just have to get another virus protection

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 21, 2017 Sep 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi jamese39601097

Thank you for the update. Adobe's files are uploaded to www.virustotal.com.  Most a/v software vendors use this to verify files.  I believe Avast is one of them.  Not sure why they are blocking the files

Flash Player is saved at the following locations:

• 32-bit OS: C:\WIndows\System32\Macromed\Flash
  • 64-bit OS: C:\WIndows\System32\Macromed\Flash and C:\Windows\SysWOW764\Macromed\Flash

The Control Panel is saved at:

• 32-bit OS: C:\Windows\System32
  • 64-bit OS: C:\Windows\SysWOW64

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines