Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player will not Run!

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2018 Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I cannot get the Flash player to update - like ever.  And it's not just Flash it's every Adobe product I have ever had the displeasure of trying to use in the past - I still can't completely get rid of the Adobe Creative Cloud software from my computer.   In the past I have only been able to get Flash to install *only* by finding offline installers!!! Reason, because you know you won't give me a license to download them!!!  I found replacement software for Adobe Reader because I couldn't find offline installers for that.

So every time to update the player I have to go on a merry dance, because you keep on changing the place where I can download it from. 

So what can I do to get it working because I am sick of this?!?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To provide assistance, please provide the following information:

• Operating system version
  • Web browser and version
  • Flash Player version
  • Explain your problem in step-by-step detail if possible
  • A direct link to a web page that demonstrates the problem
  • If you get error messages, please provide a screenshot

Also, most browsers disable Flash by default, forcing users to enable it.  The tech note Flash Player Help contains links to instructions to enable Flash in the various browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, the reality is that there's an underlying problem causing our installers to fail.

The alternative offline installers -- which are explicitly intended for enterprise organizations to distribute inside large organizations under a redistribution agreement -- were being egregiously abused in a way that violated our license agreements and materially impacted our business.  It's one of those cases of "this is why we can't have nice things".

The end result is that you're going to struggle until the underlying issue that prevents the normal installers from completing successfully is resolved.  Since you're struggling with multiple products that use totally different installer technologies, there's a strong signal that it's the machine.

Without knowing why the installer is failing or what version of Windows we're talking about, i can't really offer much help.

There's a good thread on uninstalling the Creative Cloud Desktop application here, but you're better off posting in that community, since they're domain experts:

Couldn't uninstall creative cloud for desktop

In terms of troubleshooting Flash Player installation issues, the logs would be illuminating:

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html

There *are* links to the offline installers at the bottom of the guide, but let's actually get you fixed up so that you're not frustrated by this in a month from now when we release again.

Before you start doing any of that, you might want to actually sanity-check the filesystem:

Check your hard disk for errors - Windows 7:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2641432

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou for that more helpful reply.

However, I can't help you be supplying a screenshot of the resulting error other than by saying a dialog box pops up with a red 'X' telling me that "The installation failed" and then opens up a Window in Internet Explorer when FireFox is my default browser - very nice that:(  I went through all the options in Internet Explorer, but, I like to say that I would rather have my teeth drilled without anesthesia than use Internet Explorer.  In the end all I get is that Flash should be working because it is available with it.  But I don't use Internet Explorer.

Like I said, I can't supply screenshots, because I found yet another offline installer and I don't want to try anything stupid like try and load the installer from the site again in case it stuff up the working Flash I have right now.

Drive's are fine checked them both - Windows 8.1.  The only thing that I can think off that might be stuffing up trying to remove the Adobe Creative Cloud crap is that I have ProTools with the iLok drive on my system and I am not game enough to try and remove/reinstalling that because I am scared that it will completely stuff up everything.  I can't install any Video-editing software and I tried all the ones I could find, all trial versions and free ones (the reason I have Creative Cloud) - none worked at all, was willing to pay if any worked and suited my requirements.  Photoshop might have come in handy for the computer game design work I do, but, none of the Creative Cloud software worked either - so, I went and got GIMP - not intuitive to use at all but compatible features and it worked!!!

Thanks for the reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have noticed that since running the check on my hard drive that my browser is now not functioning correctly.  The computer did tell me that a check was not necessary - but I thought that I would do as you suggested  because you not suggest something that would stop the computer running the way it was.

Well, as usual I was wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just checking the filesystem wouldn't have broken anything (unless maybe you have a hard disk on the way out).

If you repaired the filesystem and the browser isn't working anymore, there was definitely something going on with the underlying filesystem.  Uninstalling and reinstalling the browser should fix it (again, assuming your disk isn't failing).

If you didn't repair anything, the only thing that happened was that the disk hardware got a workout. If you're seeing your stored data deteriorate, it's probably a great time to make sure that your backups are in order.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The drive might very well be on the way out.  Still that doesn't change the fact that it "stopped" working after I did what you suggested

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yet another Adobe related problem I have to deal with .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like I said, I can't supply screenshots,

You can always supply a screenshot, and screenshots are much more helpful than any description.

We can troubleshoot the issue further if you provide the two installation log files (Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log) saved at C:\Users\<YourUserID>\AppData\Local\Temp\Adobe_ADMLogs.  If you'd like to us to examine them, upload them to cloud.acrobat.com/send (see How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud ) and posting the link to the uploaded files in your reply.  Otherwise, there's not much we can do to help troubleshoot the behavior you are experiencing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot supply a screenshot of something that no longer exists.  As I noted in my explanation I found an offline installer again and I am *not* going to run the online installer again in case I lose the offline version of the Flash player.

Do you understand that - or do i need to explain it again for the third time?

At the moment I am experiencing problems no longer related to the Flash player where someone mentioned checking the hard drives, this is causing the browser to malfunction and is seemingly getting worse now, a moment ago I had to reboot the system using the on/off switch, yep, things are just dandy .

I am really starting to regret leaving a message here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like you're going to need a new hard drive very soon. I suggest you check the Event Log to see if you're getting disk error messages. This sort of messed up nonsense I've often seen when disks are going. At the very least, check your backups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're always more than welcome to not use Flash Player, and to not take advantage of the support that we're providing as a courtesy.

I've included links to the uninstaller for your convenience:

Uninstall Flash Player - Windows:

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines