• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player will not update or reinstall - Win 7 / IE11

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Late 2018, I got the usual pop up telling me an update was available for Flash Player. Have never had a problem doing the updates but this time got an error saying the program stopped working (All messages are below). I blew it off and kept trying every few weeks as I got fresh pop up reminders.  Finally I decided to uninstall the existing installation and try it from scratch. Same result, the program instantly stopped working.  I had not made any changes to my system when this began occurring.

I am running Win 7, completely up to date.

Internet explorer 11  Vers 11.0.9600.19266  Update version 11.0.110

Trying to install   flashplayer32ax_ra_install.exe

I run only the built in AV / Firewall stuff the comes with Win 7 and had never had to turn it off before

Below, in the order of appearance, are the messages that popped up.  I ran a debug (Using a LabView utility) and got the fatal Error Msg and the subsequent screen in the debugger.  I have tried installing on a fresh boot with no other programs open to the same result.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the detailed information and screenshots.  To troubleshoot further, we'll require the crash log and installation log files.

• Crash log file:
    • Copy the contents of the crash log file into Notepad and save the file as .txt
    • Also check the Event Viewer for the crash.  If the contents in the Event Viewer are different, provide that information as well.
  • Flash Player online installer crash log files:
    • C:\Users\<YourUserID>\AppData\Local\Temp\Adobe_ADMLogs
    • 2 files: Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log

Upload all files to cloud.acrobat.com/send, or some file sharing service of your choice that doesn't require user account to access.  Post the link to the uploaded files in your reply. I'll forward them to the online installer team for investigation.

Is this a 32-bit or 64-bit Windows 7 machine?

In the interim, please try the offline installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier page,  in the 'Still having problems' section.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2019 Mar 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a 32-bit machine

Here is the link to the two Adobe log files but I don't think they are the correct files based on the file date of 05/13/2018. I am fairly certain I had successfully updated Flash between that date and December 2018 when I began experiencing the problem with installing the updates.

Adobe Document Cloud

Note that the log files are actually located on a drive that is not the boot drive in my instance as I use an alternate drive for all my temporary and paging files. I have had it configured this was for several years, well before I began experiencing upgrade issues with Flash a few months ago. (I do this to reduce the read/write cycles to my SSD)

I completed a full search of the actual OS (boot) drive and it returned no results.

I attempted the install again and collected the information from the event viewer and have uploaded that file at this link

Adobe Document Cloud

I also uploaded the Report.wer file that was referenced in the event viewer data but I do not have a program to open that file so do not know what data it contains.

In the meantime, will look through the other troubleshooting information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2019 Mar 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GRACIELA S. BONOFINI ha compartido una carpeta de OneDrive con usted. Para verla, haga clic en el vínculo siguiente.

[moderator: deleted links to personal content]

como activarlo.............................por favor.....no se como hacer sini me notifican,,,,,que programa CORRESPONDE PARA FACEBOOK...........................POR FAVOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ Graciela Susana Bonofini

Please stop posting to discussion topics that are not related to the issue you previously reported (issues with Flash Player) and fail to provide the information we request to help you.

We cannot help you until you provide the information that has been requested.  Go to issues with Flash Player  and provide the requested information.

Locking this topic as it is more then 7 years old and not related to your issue

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ machine translation / máquina traductora ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Por favor, deje de publicar en temas de discusión que no estén relacionados con el problema que informó anteriormente (issues with Flash Player ) y no proporcione la información que solicitamos para ayudarlo.

No podemos ayudarlo hasta que proporcione la información solicitada. Ir a issues with Flash Player  proporcionar la información solicitada.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@dougc65167595

Thank you for providing the log files.  Since the Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log files don't contain current information, the crash is occurring before the installer creates/writes to the log file.

I've forwarded the event viewer log file to the online installer team for further review.

Did you try using the offline installer?  If so, did it work?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just now performed the download of the ActiveX installation and it did successfully install Flash Player and now shows to be at the current version.

While this wasn't very difficult, it is an extra step.  Are there any steps that can be taken to determine if the normal update process will work next time or will I have to wait until the next update is released?

Note, I have no idea who the other person is posting on this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any steps that can be taken to determine if the normal update process will work next time or will I have to wait until the next update is released?

Difficult at best to say at the moment, since we don't know what's causing the crash.  I hope to hear back from the online installer team within the next day or two.

Another option is to opt into background updates (Update option = Allow Adobe to install updates (recommended)).  With this option, Flash Player checks for an update 1 per day.  If an update is found, Flash Player updates itself, silently in the background within 24 hours of an update being available.  Other programs that update silently in the background without user intervention are Chrome and Firefox.

Note, I have no idea who the other person is posting on this thread.

I apologize for that.  Unfortunately, this user is posting to non-related topics, while not providing requested information to assist them on their discussion topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GRACIELA S. BONOFINI ha compartido una carpeta de OneDrive con usted. Para verla, haga clic en el vínculo siguiente.

[moderator: deleted links to personal content]

Pregunta........soy una ignorante...........pero debopreguntar después de taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaantos correos........QUE HAGO ???.........QUE DEBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO......HACEEEEEEEEEEEEER...........................NO ENTIENDO NADA.....xq siguen pidiendo en losvideos que salen en FACEBOOK Y CHAT......................que debeactualizarse Adobe Flash Player ???...................a ponerse de acuerdo por favor !!!.........................necesito que me expliquen........no entiendo nada!!!...........................................gracias

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 16, 2019 Mar 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you keep doing this, Graciela? You never answer the questions people ask, so nobody can ever help you. You are wasting your time this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maria,

I received the pop-up for a flash player update this morning and tried to execute in the standard process but it resulted in the same error that my original post explained.

I can go to the link to manually download and install the update like I did this last time but was curious to see if there was any feedback on what the issue may be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've notified the online installer team that you experienced the behaviour again, but have not heard back from them.  I pinged them again today.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.

The issue reported at App crash with ntdll.dll - Microsoft Community is very similar to your issue.  Please try the recommended solution (running System File Checker & performing a clean boot) to see if it resolves the issue you are experiencing.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines