• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player will not work after automatic update

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 is the OS.  I have tried Edge, Chrome and Firefox.  Flash Player no longer works in any of them.  It is enabled and properly installed in all of them.

Since the automatic update of Flash Player on July 15, it has not worked on my computer.  I have reinstalled, I have verified that it is enabled.  I downloaded and tried a browser (Firefox) that I had not used before.  It does not work.

Can I roll back to the previous version?  If so, how?

Thank you for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does "no longer works in any of them." mean?  please provide specific details on what happens when you attempt to view Flash content and a link to publicly available content that exhibits the behaviour.

The automatic update on July 15 would have only updated Flash Player in IE and Edge.  This is the monthly update released by Microsoft (not Adobe).  To troubleshoot Flash Player on IE and Edge, see the following:

To rollback Flash Player ActiveX for IE/Edge you'll need to uninstall the Microsoft Update that installed it.

If Chrome also auto-updated it was updated by Google, not Adobe. To troubleshoot Flash Player on Chrome see Adobe Flash isn't working - Google Chrome Help

You can install the previous Flash Player PPAPI plugin, but then you'll need to launch Chrome with specific parameters to use the previous version.  If you want to go this route, I can post instructions on how to do this.

Firefox uses the NPAPI plugin.  Firefox does not embed Flash Player, thus a manual installation is required.

Please go to Control Panel > Flash Player > Updates tab and post a screenshot of the Updates tab.  See How do I attach a screenshot? for assistance

Note that rolling back to previous versions really isn't recommended as each release contains security fixes, some of these fix vulnerabilities that are actively being exploited

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently another automatic update has cleared up the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear it's working for you now.

Can you go to your windows update history and provide the KB #s for all updates installed since July 15?  I'm interested to see which updates were installed to attempt to determine which ones caused the issues and one fixed it.

Also, which Windows 10 Version is this?  Please go to Settings > System > About and provide the following information:

• Edition
  • Version
  • OS Build

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

two updates were installed 7/12  (I thought the 15th).  Contrary to

assumption on the correction, nothing has been installed since then.  I

don't know why the cam started working again.

2017-07 Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1703

for x64-based Systems (KB4025376)

2017-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems

(KB4025342)

It is Windows 10 Home

Version 1703

OS Build 15063.483

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines