• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player won't enable

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Flash Player on Windows 10 version 1703.  I have Microsoft Edge 40.15063.0.0 and I can't get Flash Player to enable.  I go to settings and it shows Flash Player as "ON" but when I go to Adobe and test it shows that it is disabled.  I don't have a puzzle piece in my address bar nor is there a ‘Download Flash’ or ‘Enable Flash’ link/button.  How can I enable flash player.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@uscunited

Please provide the direct URL to the site you are experiencing issues with.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. Website says requires Adobe Flash player. Everything has been working great on this website until my computer did a system update on 7/17/17. Now I get this message constantly. I have tried all the troubleshooting on the adobe website, nothing has changed. It is enabled.

Stanley

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@brandonl64309152

Please provide the direct URL to the site you are experiencing issues with.

Have you tried the steps in the troubleshooting page previously linked to by my colleague?

Have you contacted Microsoft for assistance?  Microsoft embeds Flash Player in IE and Edge and the update is released by them, not Adobe.  It's possible something is wrong with the update in which case Microsoft will need to address the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did include the link, did you read my thread?

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@brandonl64309152

Sorry, I missed the link at the bottom of the message.  I did go to that page and it's a static image:

Screen Shot 2017-07-19 at 2.43.35 PM.jpg

Is there some page prior to this that may have the Flash detection?  It's also possible Stanley has not modified their site to function with Microsoft's click-to-play feature implementation. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the URL for the page that alerted me to the problem

http://courses.aarpdriversafety.org//aarpcourse/aarpcourse/launchTest.html

Here is the Adobe page that says my Flash Player is not enabled

Adobe Flash Player issues with Windows 10 (Microsoft Edge)

I have not contacted Microsoft

I have checked settings to make sure that Flash Player is ON

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@uscunited

The aarp link you posted requires a log in to access.

For the Adobe Flash Player issues with Windows 10 (Microsoft Edge) page, you need to click the puzzle piece in the address field to display the 'allow Flash Player' message, then select one of the 2 options

Screen Shot 2017-07-19 at 2.44.32 PM.jpg

After selecting either 'Allow once' or 'Always allow', click Test Flash Player button and the Flash animation will display.

Screen Shot 2017-07-19 at 2.44.49 PM.jpg

Note that 'Always Allow' option is only referring to the specific domain you are at that time.  It isn't a default 'always allow' for all sites you go to.  This behaviour is due to Microsoft's implementation of the Flash Player click-to-play feature where Flash is disabled by default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@uscunited  and @ brandonl64309152

According to Extending User Control of Flash with Click-to-Run - Microsoft Edge Dev BlogMicrosoft Edge Dev Blog "If the website you are visiting is trying to show you Flash content and you do not see the puzzle piece in the address bar please click the Ellipses, go to “Send Feedback” in the menu, then “Report site issue”, and write in the description that you believe this site is not working due to Flash Click-to-Run."  If you come across pages that are not functioning correctly, please report them as per this comment on this Microsoft blog post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted Microsoft and they walked me through the fix which has to do with Java not being installed.  Problem solved.  Thanks to all who offered help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player and Java are two completely different programs.  Flash Player doesn't rely on Java at all.  However, using JavaScript (not at all related to Java) to detect whether or not Flash installed, or enabled, is quite common.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

when windows does it update my flash is disabled but it says enable on settings. when I try to play my stormfall game---the fix was really easy --click on the locke next to the http in the address then click allow adobe flash then you must reload the page and I have access to the game again---hope that helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines