• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player won’t install

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I have been trying to install flash player to my computer, it seems to install and is showing in the settings, and is allowing me to allow, but when I try to run the program that requires flash player, I get a blank screen with the icon get flash player. From the abode website download page when I pick troubleshoot, I get a table telling me that it is disabled, and also windows 9 version when I am using windows 10, I have tried to download the windows 10 version but it is still telling me the same, I have 2 computers the other one has windows 9 and is still giving me the same problem, both computers are 64 bit, I know this was a problem in the past

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're post is rather confusing.  There is no such thing as Windows 9.

"but when I try to run the program that requires flash player"

What does this mean?  Flash Player is a browser plugin, if what you're attempting to run is not in a browser, you may need the Flash Player Projector available for download at https://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/debug_downloads.html

If this doesn't help, please be more precise in describing the issue you are encountering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry my mistake windows 7, I am trying to access a training program from my work portal, when I choose certain training programs I get a blank screen with a small icon asking me to get flash player, when I click on the ikon and get directed to the adobe download page, download the flash player, go to the settings in google Crome choose allow, then go back to the portal try and open the training program, I get the same  blank screen with the get flash player icon, when I use the diagnostic from the adobe download page it tells me that flash player failed to install, and is the windows 7 version, this happens on 2 of my computers one is running windows 7 and the other is windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2020-09-29 (5).png2020-09-29 (2).png2020-09-29 (1).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please find sceen shots, crome is telling me in the setting it is enabled, the adobe diagnostic is telling me it is disabled, and when I try to open up the training It is telling me to get flash player, claerly somthing is wrong, can you help me with this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try the following:

The site needs Flash to work

If a website isn’t working, you might need to change your settings to allow Flash.

1. To the left of the web address, click Lock _maria__0-1601418662453.png or Info _maria__1-1601418662452.png.
  2. For the Flash setting, click the Down arrow _maria__2-1601418662454.png _maria__3-1601418662455.png Allow.
    Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 3.32.03 PM.png
  3. Go back to the site and reload the page.

This should resolve the Flash detection issue on https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html

For the bootslearning.co.uk page, if it doesn't work, I recommend contacting the content developer as the issue is most likely with their Flash detection scripts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already tried that, and if you see the screenshot of the settings you can see that boots learning, is listed and allowed, I beleive that the problem is with the bootslearning, not in my side, however it works on work computers, so it is a matter of convincing them that the problem is there end, and due to the current situation with the pandemic using a work computer is out of the question, thank you for your help, you have given me the ammunition to go back to them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The recommendation was for the https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html page, not bootslearning.co.uk as I did see you had whitelisted it already.

You mention it's working on your work computer, but not home computer.

• What's the difference between the two?
  • Are you using the same operating system (including version) and browser (including) version at work and home?
  • Are the settings between the two the same?
  • Do the modules that don't work on your home computer work on the work computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All other module have worked so far on my computer, not really sure about the work computer, only through anecdotal evidence from other work colegues who have done the module, I am going to try from a work computer tomorrow, my problem is I am at home shielding so I don't have access to work computers, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A little extra info --- do you realize that Flash Player is completely closing down by the end of the year? You should be planning for doing without it. If it's a work site, check work's plans.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines