Flash player won't work in most sites that I try to load

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Operating system Windows 8.1 64 bit

Web Browser Mozilla Firefox 55.0.3

Flash Player 26.0.0.151

I can't get any screen shots, I'm sorry. It took me well over a 1/2 hour before I was able to get on here. My flash player is not working correctly. It will play Facebook videos and I tried a couple YouTube music videos and those worked at least today, last night they didn't always work. However, I can not load any other pages. Amazon, my bank account, my credit card account, adobe (I can't do any of the test things because it won't open)

Last night I was trying to watch the Us Open on line via the Us Open site and ESPN 3. I kept getting- Warning: Unresponsive plugin, then you get the two boxes of continue or quit. It will do that for well over a 1/2 straight and freezes my web browser. I uninstalled and reinstalled the adobe flash player last night. It did not help. I disabled the enable flash protected mode, that did not help. Since the adobe help page won't load I can not try to deactivate the acceleration thing.

I am a little computer savvy, but I honestly don't know what to do. I can't use my computer. Any help would be appreciated. Just keep in mind I can't get very many things to load to try and fix things.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using 32-bit or 64-bit Firefox?  To find out do the following:

• launch Firefox
  • click on the 'hamburger' menu in the upper left (the one with the 3 horizontal lines)
  • click on the question-mark help icon in the bottom right
  • click 'About Firefox'
  • a window will display showing the version and the bit, for example: 55.0.3 (64-bit)

<edit>

If you're running 32-bit Firefox, try the 64-bit Firefox:

Alternatively, go to Mozilla Firefox Web Browser — Download Firefox in your language — Mozilla

scroll down to your preferred language, then click on the Window 64 down arrow icon to download the full offline installer.

</edit>

The following Mozilla help documents may be of assistance:

you can also try disabling hardware acceleration: How do I disable or enable hardware acceleration?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure about the Firefox. I just know the flash player says 32 bit. I can not get to the disable/enable hardware acceleration because Adobe is part of the web pages that won't open/load, so, I can't click on the image to change it. I will print this off and try to read the suggestions on another computer. Thanks so much for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since you are on a 64-bit OS, you have both Flash Player 32-bit (for 32-bit applications) and Flash Player 64-bit (for 64-bit applications)

" flash player says 32 bit"

Are you referring to the following Flash Player Control Panel entry:

If so, that is not the Flash Player itself, but the Flash Player Settings Manager.

Please follow the instructions previously provided to determine if you have 32-bit or 64-bit Firefox.

Screenshots are the best way to relay exact information you are seeing.  See https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7043#jive_content_id_How_do_I_attach_a_screenshot  for information on how to take, and post, screenshots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines