Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

flash player won't work

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2018 Jan 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Have installed the latest Flash player to play games, re started computer etc.... then when go back into game it tells me I have to download and install flash player... Have tried few times.....

very frustrated

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My games just doesn't finish loading at all, and when I try login on the game page, keep sending me an error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@johm25143458  and seleneg2018

To provide assistance, please provide the following:

• Operating system version
  • Web browser and version
  • Flash Player version
  • Explain your problem in step-by-step detail if possible
  • A direct link to a web page that demonstrates the problem
  • If you get error messages, please provide a screenshot

However, you most likely just need to enable Flash in the browser as essentially all major browser vendors now disable Flash by default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same issue, it is with the new flash player with file extension ppapi.

I am using Opera (latest version and am on a Mac)

Version:49.0.2725.64 - Opera is up to date

Update stream:StableSystem:Mac OS X 10.13.2 64-bit

Flash player version: 28

I have added the websites I want to allow to use this new flash player, but I still get error saying flash not installed. Very frustrating, WHY did adobe go and mess with something that wasn't broken??

And this occurs on any website that requires flash. https://tv.xfinity.com/listings?utm_source=MYXFN

Watch TV Online, Stream Episodes and Movies | XFINITY Stream  as well as any game site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello mariee9380478,

all mayor browser vendors - Apple, Google, Microsoft, Mozilla - decided to prevent certain plug-ins from being activated by default. Additionally, Adobe announced plans to no longer support Flash by the end of 2020​​ and browser vendors will follow by gradually removing Flash support from their desktop browsers.

For now, you have to include every website that uses Flash as an Exception (see this Guide for Opera).

In the long run, XFINITY and other websites that still use Flash elements might consider switching over to HTML5.

Kind Regards,
Maurice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Maurice, this explains why it is not working. Opera may just be blocking it entirely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHY did adobe go and mess with something that wasn't broken??

Browser vendors are the ones blocking Flash Player, not Adobe.

You most likely need to enable Flash on the sites with Flash. See Enable Flash Player for Opera for assistance.

Since Opera is based on Chromium, the following Chrome documents may also be of assistance: Using Chrome on roaming user profiles - Chrome for business and education Help and Flash Roadmap - The Chromium Projects

I logged onto XFinity and was able to view Flash content after allowing Flash on the site. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to click on enable flash, and it won't do anything (it's as if it isn't a true link) and other sites keep telling me that I don't even have flash installed. If we had the capability of attaching screen shots, you could see what goes on for me. But it is impossible to duplicate without this capability.

I am wondering if it has to do with the fact that I live in Canada and not the US, possibly Opera hasn't updated to the version you are using there? I know my VPN works fine with Safari, but I just don't care for Safari and it's limitations.

And the only thing you can do with Opera is add sites as exceptions, (which I have done) and still nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If we had the capability of attaching screen shots, you could see what goes on for me.

Forums do allow for screenshots, saved in either JPG or PNG.  Instructions for posting a screenshot (posted in my first reply to this discussion) available at https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7043#jive_content_id_How_do_I_attach_a_screenshot

possibly Opera hasn't updated to the version you are using there?

I tested on a new OS X 10.13 virtual machine that did not have Opera installed, thus the version I installed is the most recent version available for download from opera.com.

And the only thing you can do with Opera is add sites as exceptions,

This is what I did to allow Flash on xfinity.com  If it's not working, I suspect something else is preventing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies, I didn't see that in your original post. One attachment shows what I get when I click on the xfinity and the other shows

as that I do in fact have flash ppapi installed (as I said, it is as if Opera doesn't recognize flash being installed at all) and theres one that shows these items being added to the exceptions list in Opera.Screen Shot 2018-01-02 at 3.54.59 PM.png

shows flash installed.pngxfinity error.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is one of the games I go on in facebook, also doesn't recognize that flash is installed even after the exception being added to supposedly allow it. Screen Shot 2018-01-02 at 3.57.05 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the Flash Player detection on the helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html page - add helpx.adobe.com to the list of exceptions in Opera > Preferences > Websites > Flash for the page to detect, and display, Flash content.

For the facebook game, click on the "You need to active Adobe Flash Player..." text to display the "apps.facebook.com wants to run Flash" message at the top of the page.

Screen Shot 2018-01-02 at 2.44.21 PM.jpeg

After 'Allowing' Flash, the browser will refresh and display the Flash content:

Screen Shot 2018-01-02 at 2.45.37 PM.jpeg

Here's a screenshot of my Opera > Preferences > Websites > Flash settings, allowing Flash in helpx.adobe.com and apps.facebook.com

Screen Shot 2018-01-02 at 2.54.19 PM.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG I give up, I try to click on install, but it doesn't stay there long enough, it switches to download before I can click on it and then I get another download instance I've added the helpx.adobe.com and still doesn't recognize it, I do notice you have :443 after the

links, what does this do?

Screen Shot 2018-01-02 at 6.37.16 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

443 is a port number.  It may be required.  I didn't manually add the port numbers as the list of exceptions was created when I selected to 'Allow' Flash in the message that appears at the top of the page.  The only hostname pattern I manually added was helpx.adobe.com.  Note that the browser has to be refreshed when the list of exceptions is modified so that the browser can re-load the list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have closed the browser and re-opened it after each instance. I am going to just re-boot the whole system and see if it helps. If not, unless you can think of maybe something else that could possibly be the issue with it (again I do use a MAC) please let me know. If not thank you for trying. I honestly have tried everything to no avail. I never thought one would need an IT degree to get flash to work properly

But thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Restarting the whole computer didn't work either. Thank you Maria.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could also try adding "royal-us.funplusgame.com" (without quotation marks) to the Exception list as the game is served over this URL.
Other than that, I'm a bit clueless... Another solution would be to re-install Opera. Could you try that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Maurice,

I have tried restarting the whole system, useless. It's as if Opera doesn't want to recognize this version of flash being installed.

I did add the game as you suggested, restarted browser etc still nothing. Until they decide to play nice together I am doomed to using Safari. I really loathe that browser, but it is what it is until such time as flash and Opera get along.

Thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines