• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player zoomed in on full screen mode

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2016 Oct 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have been playing multiple games on facebook with Chrome Version 54.0.2840.71 (64-bit).version and with flash Version: 23.0.0.205.  As of yesterday evening the games going to full screen have been zooming in and unable to zoom back to normal.  I have tried command - 0 (not the letter but the number) and almost every other combination of buttons to move out of zoom.  These games work on safari, Firefox and on my laptop in Chrome.  This is on a 2009 Mac with 10.9.5 installed.  I have attached a screen shot as to what is visible with the game launching.  I have also uninstalled and reinstalled both flash player and Chrome and have had the same results.  Also with Chrome I have cleared my browsing history, download history, cookies and cache.

Any ideas.

Thank you

Screen Shot 2016-10-25 at 3.23.35 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 28, 2016 Oct 28, 2016

Thank you for your reply.  I also posted over at Chrome and they stated to take out the hardware acceleration through the Menu > Settings > Show Advanced Settings > System menu.  That worked.  I was right button on the screen go to settings and deselecting the hardware acceleration there and that didn't work at all.  Going through the Chrome preferences did make it work.

Thank you for looking into it.

dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2016 Oct 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you haven't rebooted since this started, I'd start there. 

If I had seen the screenshot without explanation, I'd guess that you were zoomed in and the content wasn't handling it appropriately. 

Given the explanation, I'm kind of at a loss.  Most of the browsers are hardware accelerated now, so if the GPU is in an odd state, rebooting should clear it (at least temporarily). 

If that doesn't work, links to a couple affected games would be helpful.  We can take a look to see if it reproduces on our lab machines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.  I also posted over at Chrome and they stated to take out the hardware acceleration through the Menu > Settings > Show Advanced Settings > System menu.  That worked.  I was right button on the screen go to settings and deselecting the hardware acceleration there and that didn't work at all.  Going through the Chrome preferences did make it work.

Thank you for looking into it.

dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, that sounds about right. 

You might consider updating your GPU drivers and re-enabling hardware acceleration in Chrome, since there are advantages to having hardware on (as long as it's working right), particularly for web-based games and stuff.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines