Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

flash player

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK flash player ends December 31...

Where can i get flash player after that date?

Think there may be lot of PC programs there use flash player...

One more question: If i not delete my flash player, will it still function after

December 31?

Also that version there is on my PC?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

#1 That's correct.

#2 You can't.

#3 That's highly unlikely.  Most software does NOT require Flash Player.

#4 No. Flash Player will not work after Dec 31st.

https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/end-of-life.html

Stop worrying about Flash Player.  When it's gone, chances are you will never miss it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

#1 That's correct.

#2 You can't.

#3 That's highly unlikely.  Most software does NOT require Flash Player.

#4 No. Flash Player will not work after Dec 31st.

https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/end-of-life.html

Stop worrying about Flash Player.  When it's gone, chances are you will never miss it.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to get an old version? If we install that after December, will it work? Alternatively, if I install an older version a browser (Firefox), and set it to not update will that suffice to allow any applications that require Flash to work as that has the built in support?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Old versions are no longer available for download.  Only the lastest version is available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adboe sincerely has the rudest customer service representatives I have ever encountered.  Is that how you were trained to talk to clientele?  "Stop worrying about Flash Player.  When it's gone, chances are you will never miss it."  How do we access content on old websites which use Flash Player?  How come all you guys know how to do is downplay our concerns, laugh at our support requests, condescend to us about our preferences, and refuse to elaborate and help us understand our options moving forward if we DO miss it?  I assume you know enough about business and customer service to understand that your comnpanies responses to questions about this issue are unsatisfactory to say the least.  "There was a security problem and we didn't feel like fixing it so we just decided to screw over everybody that was relying on our service instead."  I'm assuming the reason you guys are all so rude to everybody who has questions about Flash is that you're sick of being indundated with questions about using Flash moving forward.  In that case -- you chose to wrong occupation when you decided to sell consumer goods.  Consumers have consumer demands whether you like it or not.  When you integrate a product into every corner of the internet and then randomly decide to pull it away one day, you're going to ruffle some feathers.  Not everybody got the notice in 2017.  I just found out that Flash Player was ending.  I dunno if you knew this, but there has been a lot happening in the news since 2017 and I've placed a higher priority on following world events than I have meticulously checking up on updates from every ubiquitous plugin that exists.  If you're sick of hearing questions about how to make Adobe Flash Player work, you have an option -- fix the problem.  Bring back Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Nathan5CB5,

As before, you're totally missing the point.   Adobe is not the boogeyman here.

#1 This is a public user-to-user forum.  I don't work for Adobe.  I'm a product user like you.

#2 Browsers don't support Flash-based websites anymore. That's a fact. If you try to install Flash Player, browsers will disable it for security reasons to protect you and your system from potential threats.

#3 Your ire is with the website owners who had 3-1/2 years advanced notice that Flash Player was ending and did NOTHING about it.  They could have created new HTML content but didn't.  That was their decision. 

It's time to find other interests that don't rely on Flash Player. Goodbye & good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I have a lot od documents. Will I be able to open them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"But I have a lot od documents. Will I be able to open them?"

@Moshe5C9A,

What type of documents do you have?  Please be more specific.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The standalone swf player isn't a replacement for the browser plugin that major browser vendors will be deprecating shortly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You tell us we won't miss it and to be more specific, yet your answers are vague and at times misleading like we won't miss it.  I've deleted it, as requested, only to run into a situation where I had to reinstall flash player to see something on a web site.  No I can't tell you what it was or where because I visit hundreds, if not thousands of websites every couple of weeks!  I do what I need to do or get the information I need and move on, fast! 
I don't understand why we can't keep old versions for those dummies who do not update their sites for the new way of doing things.  As you stated, "MOST software does not require Flash Player."  And yet, there must be thousands of old sites with good information that still have the old format and people are just not willing to spend the money to update them.  It should be our choice whether we want to keep it and use it or not instead of you forcing a stop on the browsers that we use. Or am I misunderstanding that?  Will we sill be able to use it with FireFox and other web browsers after the fact without support?  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was ended because it's a security risk. The risk will multiply and worsen after support ends. If people could continue to put themselves at a risk they don't understand, or choose to ignore for convenience, there would really be no point blocking it. So, no. It will be gone. And that web site, whatever it was, will be gone with it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand why we can't keep old versions for those dummies who do not update their sites for the new way of doing things.

Browser vendors will be depracating Flash support soon (schedule varies by browser vendor).  Even if a user has an old version, once the browser is updated, the browser will no longer load Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines