Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player

Aug 04, 2014 Aug 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash player shows every indication that Flash 14 is installed. I even get the animation of the tree. ( I do  a lot of games.) Steam and Origin both tell me I have to upgrade Flash I did but it does not show. I went through all the set ups asked by Adobe with the exception of Acceleration. Can't seem to find it and all check out. Can somebody help? E-Mail [moderator: deleted personal information as per forums policy]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 04, 2014 Aug 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are multiple Flash Player plug-ins.  The PPAPI one for Chrome, the NPAPI one for Firefox, and the ActiveX plug-in for Internet Explorer.  If I had to guess, Steam and Origin are probably using an embedded instance of Internet Explorer.  I would recommend that you perform the installation from Internet Explorer by going to http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer, or at least confirm that it's installed from here: Flash Player Help

If Flash Player in Internet Explorer is installed, I'd check with the Steam and Origin support forums to see if they can offer any insight.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2014 Aug 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob,

Here's information on getting the latest version of Flash Player used by Steam browser: Flash player for Steam

The screenshots are bit outdated, but it should be clear which Flash Player you need.

Please be sure you don't have ad-blockers enabled when navigating to the page to download Flash Player to ensure all of the content displays.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Given the age of this thread, I'm going to lock it.  I'm pretty sure that the Steam client has changed a lot since 2014, and I'm not sure that this information still holds true.  If you're running into a similar issue and this doesn't help, please open a new thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines