• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

flash player

New Here ,
May 14, 2017 May 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My flash player will not work in IE, Chrome, firefox or Opera. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it twice. I have read and acted upon every suggestion i was given and no luck.

I cannot no longer play and games or video that require the flash player. I have allowed it permission in my http and in all the advanced settings in all those browsers too! I even tried system restore nad no luck.

I am using windows7 and tend to mostly use google chrome as my browser andflash player 25.00, but tried the others to see if flash would work with them or not.

YOUR SYSTEM INFORMATION
Your Flash Version

Your browser name

Google Chrome (PPAPI)

Your Operating System (OS)

Windows (Windows 7)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please specify the version of Flash player that you are using. Go to control panel -> Flash Player-> Updates and post a screenshot of the screen.

What error message do you see while playing flash player?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the version is 25.0.0 flah player.... the error i see when i open a video or game that require flash is "right click to run Adobe flash player" and when i do nothing happens. That also goes for the test provided on the Adobe website

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player version contains 4 number spaces, (e.g. the latest version is 25.0.0.171).  For some reason the version widget on the help page is not including the last number.  Please do the following:

IE, Chrome/Opera, and Firefox each use different versions of the Flash Player.  They are not interchangeable.  The screenshot you posted is only for the version used by Chrome/Opera.

Please do the following:

1. Launch Windows Explorer
  2. navigate to C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash
  3. Post a screenshot of the contents of the directory, e.g:

Note that Google does embed Flash Player in Chrome.  While Chrome and Opera use the same Flash Player version (PPAPI), if you only have the embedded version installed, Chrome will be the only browser to use it, as Opera does not use Chrome's embedded Flash Player version.  You would still need to install Flash Player PPAPI for Opera to use Flash Player

Thank  you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope this is what you were asking for. I haven't used IE in years because it constantly had problems with the flash player while playng games. I've used Chrome now for the last 4 years.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, yes, that is what I was looking for.

Please also post a screenshot of the C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash directory contents.  Sorry, I forgot to ask for this in case your system is 64-bit, which it is.

If the FlashInstall.log file in the C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash directory has a current date/time-stamp please upload the file to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a document and post the link to the uploaded file in your reply.

What version of Chrome, Firefox, IE, and Opera to you have installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is all i see when i open the flashinstall log... i see no address/ link to send you . Am I doing something wrong? and this is all i see when i screenshot the link you said you wanted. for my flash info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.

There is definitely something wrong as the FlashInstall.log file in the SysWOW64 directory has a more current date/time stamp than the file in the System32 directory and they should be in sync.  Since your system is a 64-bit system, Flash Player installs both a 32-bit and 64-bit version on the system.  32-bit version is saved in the SysWOW64 directory and the 64-bit version is saved in the System32 directory.  Since the FlashInstall.log file in SysWOW64 directory is more current it leads to the assumption that there is some failure installing the 32-bit version of Flash which prevents the installation of the 64-bit version (32-bit version installs first and then the 64-bit version).  To troubleshoot further, I'll need to view the entire contents of the FlashInstall.log files in both directories.

Please do the following:

1. Go to C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash directory
  2. Make a copy of the FlashInstall.log file
  3. Rename the copied file to FlashInstall32.log
  4. Go to C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash directory
  5. Make a copy of the FlashInstall.log file
  6. Rename the copied file to FlashInstall64.log
  7. Upload FlashInstall32.log and FlashInstall64.log flies to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a document
  8. Post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

For Chrome:

Google embeds Flash Player in Chrome and you don't need to have the separate PPAPI Flash Player plugin installed to view Flash content on Chrome.  Google has been rolling out HTML5-by-default and moving Flash to a click-to-play model.  If you're not seeing Flash content on Chrome, it's most likely due to these initiatives.  See the following for more information, and instructions on enabling Flash Player system-wide, or per-site:

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please ignore frengiferengi​'s post.  Official Flash Player installers are ONLY posted to adobe.com.  Some sites host/link to Flash Player installers without Adobe's authorization and some of these have been altered to include viruses/malware/adware/etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my Windows 7 PC I once had that issue, too, but after I downloaded it, I think it was cnet.com, and installed it manually, it was running fine! Maybe you need to deinstall the complete flash, shockwave player before! your keysmith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines