• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Post 2020

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was reading where Flash plans to include Enterprise Enablement that allows enterprises to whitelist Flash Player to only load content that is trusted.

If I plan to run a browser that does not plan to drop support for Flash after 2020 and I have a very specific instance of flash I want to continue running, in this case a private text based flash chat that that I roleplay(D&D, World of Darkness, etc.) on with a bunch of other people, that I have been using since 2008 and will I be able to Whitelist that and allow flash to load that chat?

Thankyou in advance for any responses.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The point of the AllowList is to restrict Flash Player's ability to load content to only a set of specified domains.  As an enterprise admin, if you're in the position where you need to maintain an old browser+flash combination becuase you have some mission-critical application that you can't migrate, you can at least narrow your attack surface from the open web down to the service(s) you're hosting internally. 

So yeah, the answer is no, and definitely not if you want to do it with a current browser.  You'd need to preserve an old browser + flash combination that works.  It's probably way easier to migrate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines