Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash runs on Mac not on windows based browsers

Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2018 Nov 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have been driven nuts trying all of the suggested avenues to get flash running as per the forums and official flash protocols for fixing and none have worked. I cannot run flash in Edge, Chrome, Opera and Firefox all of which are on my windows 10 based machines. Yet when I tried to run the same in chrome on a mac and this worked perfectly.

I am bemused as to why and can only think that some windows based update has interfered with flash rather than this being a browser issue or there is a settign in windows that needs adjusting,

I should mention I did try on a slower older machine and that worked, though that was running older versions and did not have bit defender. It may be a result of bit defender but i did try to disable the firewall and protection and reloaded and still not had any success

Any advice on this please

Jonathan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Just to let you know that i removed Bit defender totally from the computer and like magic flash worked so no to establish how to get flash to run with bit defender!!!!

Thanks to all of you for your support and help, it is genuinely appreciated

Jonathan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,
Nov 11, 2018 Nov 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All your issues are browsers related, not flash.To say only "it doesn't work" is to say to a doctor "i'm sick" and without any details of the symptoms so it's impossible to guess what's the cause of the problem.

So in order to solve your issue, provide more details like:

- screenshots, error messages, logs etc...

Also consult carefully on Adobe website the pages that help users to activate flash on various browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To Robert: and Ridhijain

I have installed flash correctly on the computer for all relevant browsers ie Firefox, Chrome as per the adobe instructions. When accessing sites that have a need for flash the jigsaw appears asking to load flash and I approve its use. Then the process hangs.

Flash is enabled

As for error messages just a hanging screen that does not load and no messages that i could have provided

I tried using this another computer which was a mac running chrome for the same site all worked well.

I have another laptop I borrowed that is older and all worked well.

The desk top I have and windows laptop just do not connect which is baffling me.

I have assumed that there is a setting somewhere that is preventing the access. I am now considering that bit-defender may be the problem but any other solution other than removing my virus protection would be appreciated.

Thanks for your input so far

Kind regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please provide any screenshots?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide the following system information, found in Settings > System > About

• Processor
  • Edition
  • Version
  • OS build

Some Virus Protection software updates have been known to interfere with Flash Player.  You can try disabling it to see if that works.

What is the bit-defender suite you have and version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

processor Intel core i7-4790 cpu @ 3.6g Mhz 4 core, 8l ogical pro

Edition ?

version 10.0.17134 build 17134

OS build Microsoft windows 10 home

BIT defender version Total Security 2018 22.08.18

I disabled and still no joy. I will try total removal on my laptop to see if this resolves

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to let you know that i removed Bit defender totally from the computer and like magic flash worked so no to establish how to get flash to run with bit defender!!!!

Thanks to all of you for your support and help, it is genuinely appreciated

Jonathan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the update.  Occasionally, we hear stories of some anti-virus software blocking Flash erroneously.  I would suggest reporting your specific experience directly to BitDefender as it's their product blocking a legitimate software from functioning as expected.  In the interim, I'll investigate this further and notify the appropriate folks internally.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines