• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash to HTML5 Migration

Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a web site that uses Flash and have an immediate need for a developer to migrate it to HTML5. My preference is for a developer in the continental USA. Please contact me for more details or post to this thread

TOPICS
End of life , SWF , Update

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all HTML5 itself cannot replace Flash. you must use Javascript for now, but for now JS does not cover all Flash API classes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response, Robert. I appreciate your attention to detail. Yes, the migration will involve some cleverness and will not be a pure HTML5 outcome. Notwithstanding that fact, I am keen to migrate the site from Flash. Is this something you could do? I appreciate any leads you might have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends your project size and difficulty and if it's possible to do it (I have 2 big As2/As3 that cannot be migrated because of some lack of functions/classes in JS). Pleas PM me with details of your project and I will tell you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to suggest also that you (and others with similar needs) might also consider posting in the forum here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/Animate/bd-p/animate 

Adobe Animate is a tool used by people making interactive web sites, while the people in this popular forum are mainly end-users struggling to install or activate the Flash Player. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Super! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In theory, when using Chrome, users can view HTML5 content directly without having to have Flash installed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think this is rather more than a theory... nobody needs Flash Player to view HTML5 content (unless it embeds Flash content of course).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines