Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash UI not loading after Windows security patch update

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

We have an existing application with flash and C#. It was working for years but after updating the winodws security patches and adobe flash player version it is broken . We need assistance to get it resolved. We also have an ongoing support ticket with Microsoft regarding this issue but they need Adobe to get invloved because they feel it has been introduced after your security patches on flash player.

TOPICS
Browser , Product issue , SWF , Update

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are still using Flash in an app? Are you aware Flash closes down very soon?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes , we know it closes very soon. We are in process of migrating this app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I replied to your JIRA ticket.  We generally discourage application developers from embedding Flash Player in desktop applications.  It's not a scenario that we officially support or test, but we understand that it happens, and try to fix it where it breaks.  

My sense is that this is an IE issue.  We haven't made any big changes to XML support that I'm aware of.  It's also going to be months before we could get a patch out to the broad population.  You're far better off troubleshooting the issue in your application and finding a workaround.  I'd recommend using a debugging proxy to ensure that what's coming over the wire is what you expect, and then, seeing if the content is what you expect when the browser passes it into Flash.

Given that there are precisely two people complaining about this, and we have ~2.5 billion users, my sense is that this is probably the intersection of a Flash and IE version, and something super specific that you're doing, like you're using an uncommon text encoding format, or there's a cross-domain communication that's no longer being permitted and you're passing in an error message instead of valid XML... 

Without a working example that I can look at, all I can really do is guess, but you're also in the best position to troubleshoot your application, since you have both the C# and Flash source.  Plus, patching your application (even if it's not your fault) is probably the fastest way to resolve this for your users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jeromiec83223024.

I am VIP member. Please help us resolve this issue. I am in process of logging a support ticket for the same. Do you have any suggestion ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read my note above, and share something that I can debug, or have one of your application developers debug the problem and identify why that error is being displayed.

This seems to be a very specific problem, and it's not at all obvious what might have broken it.  I mentioned it to the IE engineering team as well, and they couldn't think of anything that should have caused this in the December timeframe.

Nobody is going to make progress on this without being able to debug the application directly, or more ideally, until you provide a simplified example that demonstrates the problem, that we can easily run under a C++ debugger.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jeromiec83223024,

Thank you for quick response . Do you have access to https://account.adobe.com/support/ADB-11664686-M4B0 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I'm on the engineering team.  I don't work in the support organization.  I don't have the right permissions. 

If the support folks have everything they need to reproduce the problem, then they will either figure out a workaround, or they'll escalate it to us.  If they just have what's in the bug report, then I'd recommend sharing something that they can debug directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome to PM me if there's a link or details that you don't want to put in the public bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. I am doing it right away. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you please reply to my message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines