• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash uninstaller software

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running iMac OS Mojave system. I've been using Chrome browser exclusively, but was having issues with it a few days ago, so I used Mozilla for the day. When I turned on my computer this morning, I was surprised to see the Flash Uninstaller app in my dock.

I'm curious to know if it is automatically installed through Mozilla or if this is a look alike adobe scam. Is this software safe to use? I'm not tech savvy and don't want to place any unwanted virus's on my computer.

Attached is a screenshot of the window that shows up to uninstall.

Thanks for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Apple no longer supports Flash and the time for its use is close at hand- I cannot remember when it will no longer be useable and this is why you are getting the uninstall notice/app. I have gotten it several times but it has not been downloaded without my permission. I regret that Apple took this move but it has been a long time in coming. I still have many swf files that I created and have not converted to the acceptible formats. The uninstall screen shot is ligit and to the best of my knowled

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved your post over from the "Using the Community" forum, which is for getting help using this forum system, to a better forum.

In the future, So people don't have to download the image you have attached, please use the Insert Photos icon found in the Tool Bar of the Post and Reply text entry dialog window as pictured below.
Since you Can't Edit your original post to remove the Attached screen shot Please include the screen shot you attached to a new reply to this conversation by clicking the Blue Reply button under your original post and use the Insert Photos icon in the tool bar.
The Insert Photos icon is this one in the Tool Bar.

2020-10-06 16_53_14-2020-10-06 - Adobe Support Community_Updated.png
Thank you.

I hope this helps. Best of luck to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, this is my first post to Adobe Support Community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-11-12 at 5.18.46 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple no longer supports Flash and the time for its use is close at hand- I cannot remember when it will no longer be useable and this is why you are getting the uninstall notice/app. I have gotten it several times but it has not been downloaded without my permission. I regret that Apple took this move but it has been a long time in coming. I still have many swf files that I created and have not converted to the acceptible formats. The uninstall screen shot is ligit and to the best of my knowledge there is no virus connected to this. If you still question check out this- https://support.apple.com/kb/index?page=search&type=organic&src=support_searchbox_main&locale=en_US&...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kat,

Thank you for your response. I believe Flash will no longer be available or used after 2020. I was just surprised to see it pop up in my dock and thought it might be some type of malware that looks like a legit Adobe program uploaded to my computer. I value your professional advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running OS 10.15.7 Catalina. I get a similar popup several times a day. My "uninstall" boix has three choices, upgrade, uninstall, and quit. However, selecting the Uninstall button does nothing except take you to a "error" box that the Flash Program counld not be uninstalled. This seems to be forcing one into the upgrade they're saying will extend the life of the soon-to-be-unsupported program. The whole thing is Greek to me. Can anyone shed some light on this, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"This seems to be forcing one into the upgrade" What do you mean? There is NO UPGRADE. Flash is going to stop working and that's that. You're being the chance to get ahead of the curve by uninstalling it a few weeks early, that's all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-11-13 at 2.43.51 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player is reaching its end of life this year.  We are encouraging people to uninstall early through notifications that get fired off by our automatic updaters. If you're really dependent on Flash, we want you to have a chance to discover that now while you have some lead-time to find alternatives, vs. over the holidays when nobody will be around to help (or in the new year, when all of the people that haven't been paying attention finally notice that somethng changed and freak out). 

There's a permission thing happening on some versions of MacOS that cause that uninstall button to do nothing.  The engineering team at Apple was able to help us find a way to work around it, and our December update should fix that.  Sorry for the confusion on that front.

Also, if you're at all worried about whether or not something is legit, just play it safe, ignore/delete it and close the window. 

Simply download and run the standalone uninstaller from here instead: 

Uninstall Flash Player - Mac:
https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-mac-os.html

Uninstall Flash Player - Windows:
https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

At that point, all of the Adobe-distributed copies of Flash should be gone, and you should stop getting pop-up uninstall notifications. 

Flash Player is also distributed by Microsoft as a built-in component of IE and Edge, and by Google as a built-in component of Chrome, and they will clean up those copies in future updates.  As long as you have Windows Update and Chrome updates set to automatic, you don't need to do anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeromiec,

Thank you kindly for your thorough explaination. I will follow your instruction to delete flash player from my system.

Have a great day... Shar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem with PC and Firfox browser. Three days ago, I clicked on 'Uninstall' on Flash uninstaller that popped up (same image posted down below in the thread), and since then each time I turn on my PC, Adobe promo picture pops up first thing on my browser. Is this not hijacking? Is this legit? Firefox homepage setting is unchanged. There is no Adobe product on my PC. No adobe add-ons on Firefox. What's going on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Know that must be very annoying. Think that Adobe is just trying to get you to view their products. I am sure it is legit but doesn't seem appropriate. Hope it will discontinue soon for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
It has disappeared. No longer hijacking my browser after 5 or 6 times.

They installed a little program on my PC during Flash uninstall process,
just so I could view their products!!?? That is NOT legit!

They caused me to lose an hour of my time to find a solution to the
problem, besides all the frustration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines