• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash will NOT update again - Windows 7 x64

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Flash player update gets stuck at 0% complete. Flash has not worked under Firefox for over a year.

My PC is Win-7 64 bit with all patches applied. Firefox is 58.0.1 and IE is 11.0.9600.18893,

This has happened before and required me to completely remove Flash plus some directories. That got Flash working under IE only.

Now the update fails again with the same symptoms. Updates should not be this hard or complicated.

[moderator: added os version to title]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To summary, Flash Player ActiveX Control for IE is installing, but Flash Player NPAPI (for Firefox) is NOT installing?

What is the name of the installer file(s) you are using?  Are you using the online/shim installers downloaded from get.adobe.com/flashplayer, or the offline/full installers?  The file name will tell me exactly which one of these you are using.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first file had XA in the name. I can't quote the name because it deletes itself. The second try was install_flash_player.exe

I stopped the browsers before trying to install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The first file sounds like the online installer, which deletes itself after it's executed.  The second file is the offline (full installer).  Your first comment (failing at 1%) seems to be referring to the online installer.  Is the offline installer failing also?

I'll need to obtain the installer log files to troubleshoot the online installer failure.  Please do the following:

1. Using Firefox, navigate to https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer and download the installer
  2. Launch the newly downloaded installer.
  3. When it hangs, wait a few moments, then exit out of the installer dialog window by clicking the Close button
  4. Gather the following files:
    1. C:\Users\<YourUserID>\AppData\Local\Temp\Adobe_ADMLogs - Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log
    2. C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\FlashInstall64.log
    3. C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\FlashInstall32.log
  5. Upload all four (4) files to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud
  6. Post the link to the uploaded files in your reply

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines