• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash won't run in browser when user logs in

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been tested on Chrome, Explorer and Edge under windows 10 and all browsers and Flash have been checked as being the latest version. The specific site is www.dramafever.com. When the user is not logged in Flash works fine, the image is good and fits the screen correctly in "full screen". However if the user logs in, or start dramafever logged in Flash does not run. The sites http://www.dramafever.com and https://www.dramafever.com have been set to allow Flash to run and as should be the case Flash does not "ask" nor is it "blocked", at least while the user in not logged in.

Same thing happens with an Incognito window.

I cleared and then reviewed the history and can't see that any sites other than subs of www.dramafever.com are visited when the user logs in manually or automatically.

I've tried erasing all the Flash cache and all but cookies (I don't want to lose all my automatic logins.)

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Richard

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It actually works for me logged in, but it took a long time to start the video.

It's most likely a problem on the content provider's end.  They're in the best position to troubleshoot it.  I have a feeling that it has something to do with the backend of their delivery service, but I don't have the afternoon free to spend reverse-engineering it.

In the unlikely event that they find a language-level issue with the Flash runtime, they're more than welcome to reach out to me directly (you can click my name) and I'll get an engineering-level conversation going with them.  That said, I'm pretty sure that this is their issue, and there are a *bunch* of JavaScript and SSL errors that definitely need some attention in the short-term.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines