• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

flashlog.txt

Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly one browser (Firefox) that I still use to debug Flash (swf) content with as I convert everything over to HTML5 (and Createjs). I tend not to upgrade following the debugger version releases as soon as they come out, but as of late the naggings and frequency (thereof) have become too much to bear in the light of several recent updates.

I upgraded to 32.0.0.114 (debug version), my %APPDATA%\Macromedia\Flash Player\Logs\flashlog.txt no longer was capturing anything.  I verified I was really running the debug version. 

Then checked:

%HOMEDRIVE% & C:\users\{username} for the mm.cfg file.

ErrorReportingEnable=1
TraceOutputFileEnable=1

It was still intact, so I began a cycle of running Flash Uninstaller to remove the current version, followed by a reboot, followed by an installation of the prior debugger version from the archives.

32.0.0.101, 31.0.0.153, 31.0.0.148, all to no avail.

Sadly, I even tried changing the permissions on the file, the folder, and lastly deleting the empty flashlog.txt file --- also without success.

I should have taken note as to which version I was upgrading from but I didn't, my educated guess was 31.0.148. 

I've ran into this flakiness before, which is exactly why I don't like to upgrade the debugger version once I know it's working.  I'm not unware every update Chrome and Firefox dig their heals in a bit more, foisting incompatibility our way and removing even the most hidden of developer controls. 

Anyone run into a similar issue, or have some thoughts on how to get Flashlog.txt running?

Thanks,

Jason

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On 64-bit Firefox, Mozilla is using their own native NPAPI sandbox.  A recent Firefox update broke our ability to write LSOs, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if other writes (like flashlog.txt) were similarly impacted.  There's an open Mozilla bug on it.  (see Error #2130: Unable to flush SharedObject after latest Firefox update )

You should be able to use 32-bit Firefox as a workaround, since it still uses our NPAPI sandbox mechanism.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many Thanks, glad I'm not crazy.  I will give the 32-bit version a try!

Thank you!

Jason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines