• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FlashPlayer_32_plugin for FireFox End of life

Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using Adobe flash player plugin for playing SWF files and We already known that Adobe flash player support is going to end by December 2020, As per recent update Adobe provided some plugins for Firefox and IE browsers. For more info please look into this url "https://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/debug_downloads.html" once . Please let me know,  these IE and FireFox plugins support also completely removing by Adobe ? or not.
Please help me out of this As soon As possible. If you help me on this , That would be great help to me.

Thanks in Advance..!!

TOPICS
End of life , SWF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your question: "will these different (debug) plug-ins have a longer life (no EOL)" compared to regular verison. No, surely not, these are just developer tools, and made available for each release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Test_Screen_Name, You are saying like Debug plugins of no EOL right?

Can we use these plugins even after Adobe flash support removed in December 2020?

Thanks in Advance..!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not what I said. I imagine debug plug-ins have exactly the same EOL, if they are even supported in the first place (they aren't an alternative product!). So far as I know, Adobe won't stop you running any Flash plug-in after the EOL date, but since all major browsers will block them, they are very probably going to be useless to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @Test_Screen_Name  for your wonderful responses. 

Expecting a Suggesion: Is there any open source plugin or software that supports online flash player to play the SWF file instead of Adobe flash player .

Thanks in Advance..!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Test_Screen_Name.

Is Adobe flash player Debug plug-ins are available to download after 2020 December ? 

If available to download debug plug-ins even after 2020, Are those debug plug-ins supports up to date browsers(IE and FireFox) after 2020?

Thanks in Advance..!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Debug plug-ins have the same end-of life as non-debug plugins, for all browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@maria_1 ,

Thanks for your resplonse ! 

Is Adobe flash player Debug plug-ins are available to download after 2020 December ? 

If available to download debug plug-ins even after 2020, Are those debug plug-ins supports up to date browsers(IE and FireFox) after 2020?

Please help me out this Maria_1.

Thanks in Advance..!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Flash Player will not be available for download after December 2020.  All major browser vendors will remove Flash support at that time.

When Adobe announced Flash Player's end-of-life 3 years ago, the recommendation has been to migrate to different technology.  That recommendation still stands.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player will be blocked in browsers. These debug plugins are not a magic solution to this, they will be blocked too. Good luck with finding an open source solution, but you can be sure all such plugins will also be blocked in major browsers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I notice that Firefox have changed their plans, to let people run Flash for longer. Until recently, their site said (and I regularly quoted) "In early 2020, Flash support will be completely removed from consumer versions of Firefox." Now, it says "In December 2020, Flash support will be completely removed from consumer versions of Firefox." https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Plugins/Roadmap

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines