• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flashplayer Update: Which EXE version? (Windows)

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Windows 64-bit using Netscape and Edge browsers.

I got a pop-up telling me that there was an update for Adobe Flashplayer,

so I'm trying to install the update.  My question is, what are the differences

between the EXE files as I've downloaded several different files in my attempts:

flashplayer32_xa_install.exe

flashplayer32pp_fb_install.exe

flashplayer32au_ha_install.exe

I've looked a the  FAQ and searched the forum, but I don't see an answer to this question.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

flashplayer32pp_fb_install.exe is the PPAPI plugin for Chromium-based browsers.  Since you indicate you're using Netscape and Edge, this is irrelevant to you and can be deleted.  If you do happen to use Chrome, there is no need to install Flash Player separately as Google embeds Flash Player in Chrome

flashplayer32_xa_install.exe and flashplayer32au_ha_install.exe are both NPAPI plugin for Netscape-based browsers (Firefox, Safari).  The first file name means it was downloaded directly from get.ad

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

flashplayer32pp_fb_install.exe is the PPAPI plugin for Chromium-based browsers.  Since you indicate you're using Netscape and Edge, this is irrelevant to you and can be deleted.  If you do happen to use Chrome, there is no need to install Flash Player separately as Google embeds Flash Player in Chrome

flashplayer32_xa_install.exe and flashplayer32au_ha_install.exe are both NPAPI plugin for Netscape-based browsers (Firefox, Safari).  The first file name means it was downloaded directly from get.adobe.com.  The second file name indicates it was downloaded from a Update Notification prompt.  Essentially they are the same file, just different file names.

For Edge - Microsoft embeds Flash Player in Edge/IE and all updates are distributed by Microsoft via Windows Updates.

Note that all major browsers block Flash Player by default.  To enable Flash Player in the various browsers see https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2019 Sep 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Important note: Adobe® has announced that Flash® Player® will be deprecated in December 2020. In Chrome 76 and later, Flash Player is turned off by default. Users can manually switch to ask first before running Flash, without impacting policy settings that you set for Flash. For details about shipped and upcoming changes, see the Flash Roadmap.

We strongly encourage organizations to migrate to alternative solutions.

By default, Chrome installs Adobe Flash Player in the background or the first time that a user encounters Flash content, and Chrome will continue to update Flash Player via the Chrome Component Updater.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines