• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Full screen message

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Windows 7 and Chrome version 58.0.3029.110 (64-bit), when using an application that offers to display in full screen mode, full screen is successfully achieved, albeit with a confirmation message.

However, if at any point, the mouse cursor is moved to the top of the screen, a message immediately drops down stating "XX is now full screen. press Esc to exit" (where XX is the software being used). This message, on a black background, remains for about 4 seconds, but in doing so obscures part of the screen, covering the software being used.

An example of this is to be found at the gaming site www-billiards.ganymede.eu, where the message obscures part of the playing table.

Incidentally, this behaviour also exists when using Windows XP SP3 32 or 64-bit.

Is there a fix for this behaviour?

Thank you

Geoff

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That appears to be something with the content.  I've tried numerous videos in full-screen.  The 'press esc to exit full screen mode' message displays for a few seconds upon entering full screen, which is as designed to inform users how to exit full screen.  After the message displays, mousing over any are at the top of the screen does not display the message again.

I tried accessing the site you posted, but was in a never-ending loop attempting to login and the game never displayed.  I then visited the following sites:

None exhibited the behaviour you describe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HI,

To get to the content directly, you need to access the following site:

https://www.gamedesire.com/game/poollivepro/play (It will be necessary

to log in or register as a guest)

If one then uses the 'expand to full screen' symbol, the screen that

results is the one that I described. It is only when the mouse cursor is

taken to the top of the screen that the URL I originally mentioned

appears - I apologise if my first message misled you.

I woulds be interested in your analysis from that standpoint.

Geoff Stokes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get to the content you're talking about either. 

Without being able to see it, my hunch is that this is the difference between fullscreen mode (which only allows non-printable keystrokes like arrows and space) and interactive fullscreen mode, which would be useful for thinks like wasd games and games with embedded chat.

The problem with a fully interactively full-screen mode in the context of a browser window is that it's great for phishing.  You can draw a perfectly realistic fake browser, prompt someone for their bank password, and you can even draw a nice little SSL lock to make everything appear to be on the up-and-up.

If my understanding is correct, the feature is working as intended, and is the product of much though and deliberation across a community of security experts.  It's extremely unlikely that we would change the behavior.

Those phishing scenarios seem kind of far-fetched, but that's because those restrictions exist.  We provide relatively obnoxious UI notifications to ensure that full-screen interactive is not a useful attack vector.  Think about technology novices like your grandparents in that scenario.  We don't have the luxury of assuming a savvy user.

For game and application developers, this means that you need to make affordances for that active area in your application's layout.  Alternatively, you could provide a standalone application version using Adobe AIR, which, because it's not running in the context of a web browser (and therefore can't just be launched by a malicious ad or something), can run in full-screen unimpeded without the UI reminders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines