Google Chrome(Version 73.0.3683.75) Update Makes Flash Flicker

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

After the latest Chrome Version 73.0.3683.75 update the flash swf files seem to flicker.

I am using:

Windows 7 Pro

Chrome Version 73.0.3683.75

Flash Player 32.0.0.156

However, we have tested with multiple OS systems, Flash versions and different computers. The common denominator seems to be the Chrome Update.

Hardware Acceleration seems to have something to do with it. When disabled, is not happening as often but content is slower.

We are concerned since our Facebook games are affected. Please try one of our games: https://apps.facebook.com/forestrescuebubble/

Any thoughts or suggestions?

TOPICS
Performance, Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 18, 2019 Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to reproduce this on MacOS 10.14 and Win7 SP1 (on a VM), and I'm not seeing the problem.  I compared the behavior in Chrome M72 and M73, and the seem to be working the same for me.

I've asked my Chrome testing team to take a look.  In the meantime, if you have any additional details (like you're all on the same model of laptop or using the same GPU, that might be interesting).

Also, if you haven't rebooted since Chrome updated, you might just try, just to eliminate any weird possibilities around processes or graphics buffers being in a bad state.  I can't think of a good reason for why that would happen, but it's easy and worth eliminating that class of potential possibilities.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 18, 2019 Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This appears to be a known issue in Chrome M73.

See the following Chromium bug for details and updates:

930340 - Screen flickering while playing Facebook game - chromium - Monorail

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines