Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

H265 support

Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2013 Nov 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I have one question to Flash Player Dev Team.

Do you have a plan for the H.265 decoder on the FP?

We should need H.265 on our media solutions, and are making a plan to H.265.

Let me know any plan.

Regards,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 22, 2013 Nov 22, 2013

There are no plans to implement H.265 in the short-term (3-6 months). 

My recommendation would be to file a Feature Request here: http://bugbase.adobe.com/ and encourage folks to vote on it.  We do our best to accommodate new feature requests, and prioritize them by popularity and feasibility.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2013 Nov 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no plans to implement H.265 in the short-term (3-6 months). 

My recommendation would be to file a Feature Request here: http://bugbase.adobe.com/ and encourage folks to vote on it.  We do our best to accommodate new feature requests, and prioritize them by popularity and feasibility.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2014 Dec 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to implement h.265 decoding in Premiere CC as soon as possible. Samsung NX 1 files are uneditable in you software suite unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2015 Mar 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeromie, is there any solution to work with the H.265 Codec in Premiere now? We can´t work with Premiere anymore without wasting time for converting Data... 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 27, 2015 Mar 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, in germany there are already some tests with DVB-T2 / HEVC and currently it is planed to switch between 2016 and 2018 from DVB-T / MPEG2 to DVB-T2 / HEVC.

So (I think) the broadcaster's would also like to use/test it for their web media libraries and live stream's.

When we can expect the implementation into Adobe product's ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 23, 2013 Nov 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, currently H.265 / HEVC is too slow (encoding) and CPU intensive.

It will took some months/years until the speed is growing via software optimizations and hardware en-/decoders.

Example:

Test Condition: PC running Windows 7 with i7 CPU, 3.5GHz (4 core, 8 threads), 6GB RAM

DivX HEVC Encoder Speed (frames-per-second):

Resolution

Bitrate 1

Bitrate 2

Bitrate 3

Bitrate 4

Bitrate 5

Average fps

SD

720p

1080p

DivX HEVC Decoder Speed (frames-per-second):

Resolution

Average fps

SD

720p

1080p

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2014 Mar 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a long time there was only software support for anytype of digital video.  If adobe wants to remain a forerunner in Video distripution they need to adopt and impement new standards.  4K and 8K is going to happen. H265 and VP9 are the two codecs that support the new higher resolutions.  High framerates are not as important in video as it is with gamming, nobody watches anything over 30FPS as it is.  I dont think there would be any complaints from developers if H265 or VP9 software decoding was available in a near future release of Flash/Air.  If if it only did 15 fps alot of people would still use it just to have the large frame size available.  4K displays are commercially available.  The only reason full screen 4K video is not available in flash now is that Adobe seems to be dragging thier heels on the issue.

http://thenextweb.com/insider/2014/03/18/firefox-28-arrives-vp9-video-decoding-web-notifications-os-...

http://www.divx.com/en/software/technologies/hevc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2014 Mar 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think, If Adobe were managed to implement H.265 decoding features soon, It could miss many opportunities.

Adobe have to implement H.265 decoding features now!!

(Although, there are many issues on necessaries h/w specifications)

Media industries are growing up as very fast flow.

Too late, Miss position.... taken seat....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2014 Nov 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You all can help speed the process along by voting for this feature at:

Feature#3650828 - [New feature requirement]I hope the player can support H.265 Video Standard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 29, 2015 Jan 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news about H.265 decoder on the FP ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 01, 2015 Feb 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How Adobe don't implement vp9, it's free if H.265 is too expensive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2015 Jul 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I think too that, Adobe should adopt VP9 as it's free and better than H.265

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 21, 2015 Jul 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should look at this article:

The Great UHD Codec Debate: Google's VP9 Vs. HEVCH.265 - Streaming Media Magazine

Their conclusion is that the two are very close, with VP9 having some efficiencies in encoding. But not enough differences to clearly say one is better than the other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2015 Mar 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeromie , what is happening  ?

2015 April , one year and a half after your post , and H265 support is not even here !

I can't properly work with my camera and I can't use my adobe software with easiness.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines