• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Having Issues Installing Adobe Flash Player from CS4 Bundle

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2018 Feb 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently use Windows 10 and have been trying to install my CS4 bundle on my current computer.  It appears the other programs installed without issue but for some reason Adobe Flash will not install properly.  I keep receiving the following message before it finishes the first half of the installation process:

Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX

Error:

Error 2.

Not sure what "Error 2" entails but would appreciate any insight or help to correct the situation.  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Microsoft embeds Flash Player ActiveX (for IE/Edge browsers) in Windows 10, and all updates are released by Microsoft via Windows Update. Due to this, Microsoft considers Flash Player a component of the browser and the files are locked, which means the embedded version cannot be uninstalled.

CS4 installs Flash Player NPAPI (for Firefox) and ActiveX (for IE).  The CS4 installation is failing because it's attempting to install Flash Player ActiveX and it cannot, since Flash Player ActiveX already exists on the system and cannot be uninstalled/replaced.  Unfortunately, I am not aware of a work-around for this error when attempting to install a CS product that also attempts to install Flash Player on Windows systems that embed Flash Player (Microsoft began embedding Flash Player ActiveX in Windows 8)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines