Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

having problems with adobe flash player on mlb.com

May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to watch a baseball game on mlb (at bat).

when i go to sign in, this is what i get:

You have launched an event that is only accessible with Adobe Flash Player.

To watch this event, please install the latest version. Download»
If Flash is installed, please enable the Adobe Flash plugin in your browser settings. For instructions, please click here».

i have downloaded the newest version and fallowed through all the steps (i clicked on "here" enabling the adobe flash plugin, and its saying its all good), restarted and shut down my computer, and its still not working. what am i doing wrong? how can i get it to work?

[edit: added 'mlb.com' to title]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Unfortuantely, no 'free live game of the day' is currently available, so I wasn't able to test this out.

However, all browser vendors are moving to html5 video by default and making Flash click-to-play resulting in mixed user-experience (sometimes it works fine, sometimes it doesn't).  Google also has the added Site Engagement Index score that they are continuously increasing until it reaches 100% later this year.  If the score for a given site isn't high enough, Flash is disabled by default.

Plea

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide the following:

• Operating System, including version
  • Browser, including version
  • Direct link to the content exhibiting the behavior (providing only www.mlb.com is not sufficient, exact link to content is needed)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2017 Jun 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same problem, for months now. Can only watch on Android tablet (which, of course, does not use Flash). Tried everything. In my case, running Windows 7 Professional, SP1. Browser is Chrome Version 58.0.3029.110.  (updated regularly, so previous versions, going back to at least March of 2017, did not work either). Go to http://mlb.mlb.com/mediacenter/index.jsp  and select any game (use the Free Game of the Day, if you don't have a paid mlb account). The URLs for individual games change on a daily basis, so I cannot provide a link any more direct than this one.

(By the way, it doesn't run on Firefox either, though you don't get a message; just endless loading. It does run in Internet Explorer, though with garbled audio, worse in full screen.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortuantely, no 'free live game of the day' is currently available, so I wasn't able to test this out.

However, all browser vendors are moving to html5 video by default and making Flash click-to-play resulting in mixed user-experience (sometimes it works fine, sometimes it doesn't).  Google also has the added Site Engagement Index score that they are continuously increasing until it reaches 100% later this year.  If the score for a given site isn't high enough, Flash is disabled by default.

Please see the following Google docs for assistance:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. The games were on one day and unavailable due to Flash problems the next. After screwing around for a long time I finally discovered I can watch if I use Safari instead of Chrome by bringing up the game I want and then going to Preferences and allowing mlb.com. Kind of annoying but it works for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This just worked for me:

In the upper right (next to the star) is the plugins icon. I opened that and clicked on "run all plugins this time". The game appeared! Hallelujah!

You have to do it each time but it beats bringing up Safari.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines