• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! Installation stops at 90%

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. I've got a problem with updating/installing flash. Yepp, installation stops at 90%. I've tried to install it 3 times, i've tried to completely uninstall flash and it failed (after this flash in every browser is crushed and error message pops up).

os is win 10, i've using several browsers like lunascape and latest (probably) chrome. I'm not a single user of this laptop. Don't know what to do here. Some sort of virus? Help!

TOPICS
Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We'll need to review the installation log files in order to provide assistance.  Please review the FAQ Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on Windows?​.  If you are using the online installer (downloaded from get.adobe.com) we'll need the following files:

• Adobe_ADM.log
  • Adobe_GDE.log
  • FlashInstall .log file(s) saved at C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash, and at C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash

If you're using the offline installer, only the FlashInstall .log file(s) are required.

After obtaining the files, upload them to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a document

In addition to the log files, please provide the name of the installer file(s) you are using.  Since we have numerous installation files.

i've tried to completely uninstall flash and it failed...

Please note that Microsoft embeds Flash Player ActiveX for IE and Edge in Windows 10 and the embedded version cannot be uninstalled using the Flash Player uninstaller.

...(after this flash in every browser is crushed and error message pops up)

I don't understand.  If you uninstalled Flash, and it's failing to install, how can it crash in every browser?  Please provide a screenshot of the error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Well, first things first: it crushed in browser, in chrome and lunascape both. Prior i've tired to update flash there was a lot of freezing messages. Sorry, can't make a screen right now.

This one is link for log's required.

Shared Files - Acrobat.com

Can't provide an installer name. Somehow, it was deleted on itself righ after installation were failed. I've searched for it several times myself to retry installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The online installer deletes itself after it's executed, which is what you are observing.  Since you're using the online installer, we're going to need the online installer log files as well.

Looking at the log files, you're installing both the PPAPI plugin (for Chromium-based browsers) and the NPAPI plugin (for Firefox).  But there is no clear error in the log files. Which one of these installers (NPAPI or PPAPI) returned the failure?

To ensure we have logs for the same installation attempt, please do the following:

1. download the installer file again
  2. make note of the installer log
  3. run the installer until it fails
  4. close out of the installer dialog window
  5. upload the following files to cloud.acrobat.com/send:
    1. Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log saved at C:\Users\<YourUserID>\AppData\Local\Temp\Adobe_ADMLogs
    2. FlashInstall32.log and FlashInstall64.log
  6. post the link to the new log files and the file name of the installer downloaded in step 1 in your reply.

Also, which version of Windows 10 is this?  Go to Settings > System > About and provide the Windows Edition, Version, and OS Version.

<edit>

Which rendering engine (Trident, Gecho, Webkit) are you using in Lunascape to download the installer?

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again! Right now it's deep night in Moscow and I just can't go thru all this once again like that. Tomorrow I will for sure.

And for now here goes screenshot of flash crush

it's calls you to stop flash plugin or to wait till it gonna work again...

It's annoying and it goes like this on almost every site with flash, literally every site in the net, so.... as for chrome there is no particular flash name in same notification, but if you choose not to stop it goes freezed for pretty much long time and if you choose to stop there is crush right after. That's it. And that's why i've tried to update plugin with all this adventure as result.

oh, and there is tiny but sensible freeze right before notification. With cursor stop and everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2017 Jul 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shared Files - Acrobat.com

There was no FlashInstall32.log and FlashInstall64.log files in that folders where they was before.

Installer name is flashplayer26_xa_install

Gecko plugin

System info... it was impossible to copy all this so I've made screenshot

Anything else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2017 Jul 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the logs. For now please use the offline installers on Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier page under 'Still having problems' section.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yay! It works ^______^

Even my laptop works way faster right now! I've downloaded chromium version since chrome was way to problematic, but it seems to be ok for luna too.

THANK YOU!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi yurid31006817

Thank you for sharing the log log files.  Are you using a proxy server?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, why? Adobe.com accessible from russia.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I saw some reference to proxy server in the log files, thus my question. I'll forward the log files to the online installer/web team for further review and let them know you are not using a proxy server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines