Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP! [Mod note - possibly hacked web site with false update]

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2018 Jun 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Operating system version: Windows 10 [64-bit]

• Web browser and version: Google Chrome [most recent], OR Microsoft Edge [Win10], OR Internet Explorer
  • Flash Player Version:
YOUR SYSTEM INFORMATION
Your Flash Version

Your browser name

Edge (ActiveX)

Your Operating System (OS)

Windows (Window 10)

• Explain your problem in step-by-step detail if possible: I went to a website [REMOVED] that kept asking me to update my flash player - so I did. I started the download from my browser and proceeded to install. I kept getting virus protection warnings telling me the software is not trusted. Being it was Adobe , I ignored it. I started to install the software update for flash player and then this popped up [screenshot below]. The installation did not complete and now every 10 seconds I get this same screen to pop up. If I try to download the flash player update again it will do the same thing and pop up a second identical error window. I think I've broken my laptop with this flash player update...
  • Screenshot: "This app can't run on your PC" "To find a version for your PC, check with the software publisher."

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 03, 2018 Jun 03, 2018

You should not trust an update link from a possibly hacked web site

Getting Flash Player https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer is the ONLY official link

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2018 Jun 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should not trust an update link from a possibly hacked web site

Getting Flash Player https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer is the ONLY official link

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines