Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP! new flash player crashing with firefox

Jun 23, 2010 Jun 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using the old flash player and was prompted to update to the newer version, since updating applications in facebook are crashing thanks to new flash player. can i get back to old flash player as things i was using and viewing 5 minutes before update are no longer working, and i am finding it rather frustrating, i have uninstalled and reinstalled, sent crash report through firefox and everything!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same happened to me! I got the newest firefox and its a little bit better, but no picture.

Before my browser was crashing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 27, 2010 Jun 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

which firefox version you are using ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.4) Gecko/20100611 Firefox/3.6.4 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)

if thats any help, i just went to about firefox and copy pasted the info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please update your Firefox to version 3.6.6 - it fixes the problem.

See http://forums.adobe.com/thread/668647

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to Firefox 3.6.6, then updated my Flash player to 10,1,53, 64. I went to the link provided and reset the timeout function to -1. Then I went to YouTube to test it all out.

Blue Screen of Death. Then automatic reboot of my entire system.

I am beyond ticked off at this point. I'm grinding my teeth in frustration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Mozilla Firefox issued the browser update to 3.6.6 to fix the problem and explained why it was occurring. Most likely when you manually made the about: config adjustment, that clashed with the 3.6.6 update!

I don't know what else Mozilla Firefox included in that 3.6.6 update, but the purpose was to fix the issue of the timeout. So I think what happened, is the update made the adjustment and then you made the adjustment and it was too much:-)

Here is what I would do, I would reverse the manual about: config that you did, Reboot and allow only the 3.6.6 to take care of it.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that worked for all of 2 minutes. I was halfway through a video on YouTube and voila! BSOD and reboot again.

I uninstalled Flash 10,1, 53,64 and instead installed 10,0,45,2. This one is working great. I'll keep an eye on this thread to see if anything changes, but until then, I won't be installing Flash 10.1. I wasn't having ANY problems with my system until the update, so I'll just stick with what's working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the update. You shouldn't have any issues with the 10.0.45.2. I certainly can understand the need for Adobe, Microsoft and all of the Browsers to work together! Especially when you consider that the Flash Player works thru the browser whichever one it is. What change one may make is going to affect the other. I don't think it was a coordinated

effort.

Hopefully there will be some fine tuning and things will settle down. (Until IE9 comes out:-) Which from what I hear will be later. Also only Vista & Win7 will be able to use it, due to the technology.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am totally computer illiterate....would u have a link to that one u

installed that's working?....please....this is driving me nuts....lol

Pam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got this from Busted Skull. Go to that message and use the link in it.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2922923#2922923

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2010 Jun 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it....TYVM.....seems to have helped !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to

• disable hardware acceleration (Flash Player Settings, Display panel);
  • update device drivers for your graphics/video/display adapter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2010 Jun 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i would really love to get an answer for this as i, too, am getting the little sad, grey lego.  hopefully, it will be an answer that those of us who just turn on the computer and want it to work can understand.  don't assume that everyone knows how to clear a cache.  or even what a cache is!  please!!!!!  and maybe i'm asking a silly question~ but it occurs to me that the crashes started happening when i updated firefox as well as flash.  is it possible that the issue is with firefox and not flash?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happening here. I'm getting a full on BSOD, then my system reboots. It only happens with Flash 10. I had to uninstall it and roll back to Flash 9, but of course now I can't play some of my games that require 10. This stinks. I thought 10 was supposed to fix this problem? My GPU drivers are fully updated, specifically for compatibility with Flash 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done the same thing and it will not work.  It keeps crashing when I try to play FarmVille on Facebook.  I'm even having trouble with the shockwave working on Gogle Chrome.  Would love to ge the older version of the flash player back as I was having no issues with that version.  Sometimes I wonder why the newer/updated versions always seem to still have a few bugs in them when they are supposed to overwrite the older versions to make them run smoother and more efficiently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can download Flash 9 here on the Adobe site. It's kind of hard to find by navigating the site though. I googled it instead, and found a link that took me right to it. You have to uninstall 10 first though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is exactly why im here....I have crashed more times then I can count...cant play my games ....keep getting that grey page with the sad looking lego telling me it crashed...AGAIN.....hope there is some help for this...was fine till I upgraded whatever it was it told me to....gggrrrrrr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried uninstalling 10 found 9 on the adobe site and it is still crashing, this is gettin rather frustrating........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, even 9 is crashing!  Wonderful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well here is the scoop and it works for me so far...I did have one crash but at least facebook games work. You will need to restart your system (I uninstalled flash first) and then install the old version. I didn't take a lot of time putting the facts together here so give me a break, at least I'm trying to help unlike Adobe at the moment!

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/142/tn_14266.html
Link to find version #10.0
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html
Link to find uninstaller
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://forums.adobe.com/search.jspa?q=flash+player+previous+versions&resultTypes=MESSAGE&resultTypes=COMMUNITY&peopleEnabled=true&dateRange=all&username=&numResults=15&rankBy=9
Link to forum page that might be helpfull...tells about how to work with previous versions of flash player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!  I'm at the local library right now and will take care of that when I get home.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Busted Skull. I installed 10.0.12, and no crash. I still can't get some of the features on my games to work, so when I get home tonight I'm going to try one of the other versions, but so far so good. At least it's not blue screening my entire system. Thanks for the links!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK then this is from another post I started:

Retrograde  back to flashplayer 10! Short term fix for the 10.1 crash

I may have found an easier fix...simply use system restore to back up to the day before you upgraded. I'm off to try it now! (well actually I did the restore but have not tested yet! Cross my fingers and crack my skull!

OK, so I did the testing and the system restore works GREAT!  Runs like lightning after the upsidedowngrade to 10.1!

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the same crash crap too. I have taken all the steps that I have been told to do and still crashing. Is there going to be a solution soon?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines