Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP! new flash player crashing with firefox

Jun 23, 2010 Jun 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using the old flash player and was prompted to update to the newer version, since updating applications in facebook are crashing thanks to new flash player. can i get back to old flash player as things i was using and viewing 5 minutes before update are no longer working, and i am finding it rather frustrating, i have uninstalled and reinstalled, sent crash report through firefox and everything!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2010 Jun 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and it's driving me absolutely crazy!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here! It even crashes on the Adobe website! I knew I shouldn't have updated! Had a similar problem on my last system....now I have to find an "OLD VERSION" somehow once again! I forgot how I did it last time. Pretty cheezy Adobe....offering up a beta (unproven) version as an update! I understan all you peoples headaches over your facebook games and such not working, but Flash is used for a lot of other things as well....I'll let you know as soon as I fand out how to retrograde back to version 10.0!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would absolutely LOVE to go back to version 10.0 I had no problems with the flash player working w/FB or other sites that require flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2010 Jun 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADOBE HELP US this crashing is getting ridiculous FIX IT I ma sure u got tons of crash reports

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG!!!!! Thankyou so much for posting this, i went to thelink and did as it said and my apps loaded.......i know dont have to switch back and forth between the ever so slow IE8 and firefox!!!!!

*bows down and grovels at ur feet*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2010 Jul 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem is getting me crazy. My site offers virtual tours and when I open them in fullscreen mode with Firefox 3.6.6 it crashes too.

The green button in the URL below and then the diagonal arrow at the top of the photo. It's allways crashing!

http://riodejaneiro.cycity.com/?module=servicos&idlocal=604

I see this problem occurs since Firefox 3.6.4 version. Does anyone know about a definitive fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2010 Jul 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this problem with Flash  Player 10.1 crashing constantly in Firefox 3.6.6 since July 4th  weekend.  I eventually installed version 3.6.3 and it stopped happening.

Once I installed FF version 3.6.8 this morning, the problem came back.

I tried this solution and it seems to be working so far (keep your fingers crossed!)

(from: http://www.technogadge.com/how-to-stop-firefox-plugin-container-exe-process/)

Steps to stop plugin-container.exe process:

• Open Firefox web browser.
  • Type about:config in the address bar and press Enter key.
  • A warning will appear. Ignore it and press the "I’ll be careful, I promise!" button.
  • In the Filter field type dom.ipc. Six preferences will appear for the filter dom.ipc.
  • Ignore first and last preferences. Toggle (double-click) each of the four remaining preferences to change the value from "true" to "false".
  • That’s it. Look the screenshot.

Explanation: The crash protection feature in Firefox  3.6 is enabled for certain  plugins only. The four preferences that we  modified here specifies four  different out-of-process plugins. They are  the the NPAPI test plugin, Adobe Flash, Apple QuickTime (Windows) and Microsoft Silverlight (Windows).   These plugins are specified in a separate   dom.ipc.plugins.enabled.<filename> preference by default is set  to  true. We can disable them by changing their value to false. And  thus  plugin-container.exe will not run. By default the preference   dom.ipc.plugins.enabled is already set to "false". So, no need to touch   it. The dom.ipc.plugins.timeoutSecs is also not important here as  other  values are false.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2010 Jul 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JSM: Thanks for this. I'm going to keep an eye on this thread. If you go 7 days with no more issues and the solution seems to hold, then I'll try it. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 26, 2010 Oct 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks jsm1963 those settings resolved the issue for me.

I will post that work around on our user forum.

How can we track this bug, who's bug is it Adobe, Mozilla?

Thanks,

Greg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2011 Jan 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had this problem for long time. My plug-in was crashing for all browsers.

See if this thread helps you:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3389017

Thanks,

FlashPlayerStruggler

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines