Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help - Updating flash player "application initialization error"

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a mac 10.11

I have tried enabling flash with chrome, I do not have the option to fully allow, I am set on the ask for permission option.

How do I fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To enable Flash in Chrome, see Use or fix Flash audio & video - Computer - Google Chrome Help

The allow options are in the browser itself, and Flash has nothing to do with it.  If you're experiencing issues with this, please contact Google for assistance.

For the 'Application Initialization Error', this usually happens if the installer app is extracted from the mounted DMG.  If you did this, then try again without extracting the installer app from the mounted DMG.

If you're attempting to install Flash Player PPAPI for Chrome, there is no need to do so as Google embeds Flash in Chrome.  It just needs to be allowed in the browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Maria,

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.  I really have no idea what a DMG or PPAPI is.  Is there a way you can walk me through this? 

I attached a image of what I'm trying to fix, from this point I tried updating my flash player, I went to apple -> system preferences -> flash player -> check now -> to a adobe website where I downloaded a update called AdobeFlashPlayer_31au_a_install 

Screen Shot 2018-11-27 at 10.24.33 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The title of your original post and the contents are 2 different (unrelated) things.

The title is an error when attempting to install Flash Player.  On Mac, this error is returned when the user mounts (e.g. double-clicks) the DMG file that was downloaded and then extracts the APP file it contains to the desktop or some other location.  However, the file being downloaded is Flash Player NPAPI plugin (for Safari/Firefox), not Chrome, which is the browser you mention in your comment.

The content is a browser issue, when attempting to view Flash content.

If you're using Chrome, there is no need to install Flash Player as Google embeds Flash Player in Chrome, but disables it by default, forcing user's to 'allow' it to run, usually for every site.  This is a Chrome behaviour and has nothing to do with Flash.

In the screenshot you posted, if you click the 'here' link, Chrome should intercept the URL request and prompt you to enable Flash.

Alternatively, you can manually configure Flash for that site (in Chrome's Site Settings) following the instructions in the link I posted previously.

If that doesn't work, it's quite possible the site you're attempting to use hasn't been updated to handle Chrome's constant Flash Player detection/loading behaviour.

Not exactly sure of the website you're attempting to use, but I Googled 'Interior Reviewer' (from the screenshot) and found this, How to Fix Createspace Interior Reviewer with Flash Player 10.2 not supported error - PoetsGig (form this link CreateSpace Community: If you have trouble using Flash for... ), it's for an older version of Chrome, but may help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines