• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hi, how can I configure Flash Player with a Chromium based browser

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, how can I configure Flash Player with a Chromium based browser, my videos on my laptop just stopped working.  I have the OS X EL Capitan, version 10.11.6

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

it's not possible.  Google dropped support for Flash Player plugin in Chrome 88, released Jan 19, 2021.  Any other Chromium-based browser who has updated base Chromium-version has also lost support for Flash Player plugin.

As for other browsers:

• Apple Safari - removed Flash Player support in Safari 14, released Sept 16, 2020
  • Firefox - removed Flash Player support in Firefox 85, released on Jan 26, 2021.
    • Firefox ESR 78 will support Flash Player for the time being, assuming the Flash Player NPAP

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Martine5E99,

Unfortunately no.  Flash videos are useless now that Flash Player is End of Life.  Do you have access to the original video files before they were converted to Flash?   The Flash Player end of life announcement was made in July 2017 giving developers plenty of time to create alternative content that doesn't rely on Flash Player.

https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/end-of-life.html

Even if you manage to find a Flash Player today which is unlikely, your browsers will disable Flash Player for security reasons to protect you and your system.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's not possible.  Google dropped support for Flash Player plugin in Chrome 88, released Jan 19, 2021.  Any other Chromium-based browser who has updated base Chromium-version has also lost support for Flash Player plugin.

As for other browsers:

• Apple Safari - removed Flash Player support in Safari 14, released Sept 16, 2020
  • Firefox - removed Flash Player support in Firefox 85, released on Jan 26, 2021.
    • Firefox ESR 78 will support Flash Player for the time being, assuming the Flash Player NPAPI plugin is already installed as it’s no longer available for download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't provide enough of your use case I don't think.  Do you just want to view them only in Chrome or something else? If you just want to view, you can use flash debugger. You can also use the puffin browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash debugger was meant for content creators to debug their code.  It was not meant for general users to view Flash content as it'll usually throw a bunch of errors and make the viewing experience painful, which is why it's not recommended for non-developers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Understood, that is why I mentioned he didn't provide a detailed use case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines