• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I buy Adobe Flash Support?

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking to purchase Adobe Flash Support Help for Issue with Flash Code after Microsoft .NET broke our Flash code, need to do this because it will be 6 months till we migrate out of Flash

TOPICS
Browser , End of life , Error , How to , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Adobe does not provide free support for products we offer free of charge.  If you have an ETLA with Adobe, your named account rep might be able to provide some creative solutions, but the official channel is that these user-to-user forums are provided as a courtesy to facilitate community-driven support.

I read the related JIRA ticket a little while ago.  The best thing you can do is provide a link to an example that demonstrates the issue.  That will let us debug it under a C++ debugger to se

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe does not provide free support for products we offer free of charge.  If you have an ETLA with Adobe, your named account rep might be able to provide some creative solutions, but the official channel is that these user-to-user forums are provided as a courtesy to facilitate community-driven support.

I read the related JIRA ticket a little while ago.  The best thing you can do is provide a link to an example that demonstrates the issue.  That will let us debug it under a C++ debugger to see what's actually happening.  I'd bet my lunch money that this is going to be an IE bug, but I have no way to determine that definitively given the information I currently have to work with. 

It's also worth noting that Flex was discontinued back in 2011, and the Flash deprecation was announced in 2017.  

I'm more than happy to try to help, but I want you to understand the timescale involved when you're talking about updating 2.5 billion users.  Just looking at the calendar, assuming I was able to troubleshoot and fix this issue in the next hour, the next available release window, best-case, would be mid-April.  If the issue is in Internet Explorer (we haven't touched XML stuff lately, so that seems pretty likely), that timeline is probably even farther out. 

My recommendation, assuming this is an urgent issue for your business, is that you work with your technology vendor to identify and implement a workaround in the Flex application, or you mandate that users in your organization use a browser that you know works (which, from the report I saw, sounds like anything else). 

Also, you might want to read the release notes for the recent versions to see if there's a security change that might have impacted your application (we generally gate things that we think might cause compatibility issues behind feature flags that you could push out to users), but I think that's unlikely given the symptoms and limited platforms affected.

An example that I can access would enable me to provide you with the most efficient and useful response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines