• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I reinstall Flash for temporary purpose

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have removed all Flash from our company environment as it reached EOL.

However I need to revive it on at lease one machine temporarilly.

For this system we are using, I need Flash to upgrade the system out of Flash era.

Can someone tell me how I can install Flash now? Normal installtion file is not working.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

In Windows 10, Flash Player is a part of the system. Unless you run the patch to remove it. This is a Microsoft patch and is irreversible (by design). This system Flash Player is used by IE and Edge, but not by Firefox.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a shame you didn't plan for this sooner.  Since the EOL, there are no more links to Flash Player from Adobe or vendors who embedded Flash Player into their browsers.

See this link:

https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/enterprise-end-of-life.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To give you any useful advice, I'm going to need to know more about your computer and browser:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1195540

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Computer is regular Windows 10 desktop with enough resources.

I can use any of Firefox, IE and Edge for this system. All I need is installing Adobe Flash on W10 computer for any of those browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Windows 10, Flash Player is a part of the system. Unless you run the patch to remove it. This is a Microsoft patch and is irreversible (by design). This system Flash Player is used by IE and Edge, but not by Firefox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I will try this with new W10 installtion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked.

Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Microsoft Update for removing Flash Player is a one-shot deal.  There's no going back.  Also, current Safari, Chrome and Firefox have all dropped support for browser plug-ins across the board, so your options are limited on that front.

You have a couple options: 

• Make a VM from a Win10 ISO, set the time back and don't apply any updates, use IE
    If you have access to MSDN for ISO downloads, probably the cheapest and easiest route.

• License a maintained copy of Flash Player from our partner HARMAN and install it.
    Requires a paid licence. 
    Details: https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/enterprise-end-of-life.html

• Obtain an old copy of the NPAPI Flash Player installer from a trusted archive (make sure you validate the digital signatures to ensure they don't come with bonus malware payloads) and use the latest Firefox ESR.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your advise.

But, I don't think the license purchase is viable option for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines