• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I stop downloading McAfee Security Scan Plus, I don’t want it. I still don’t want it.

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2013 Feb 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happens 50% of the time.  I want it stopped!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 17, 2013 Feb 17, 2013

I always use the offline installers; they do not contain any bundled 3rd-party software.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

whenever you download an adobe program that offers mcafee, untick the mcafee option.

if you're updating the flash player, manually download and update so you can untick the mcafee option:  http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always use the offline installers; they do not contain any bundled 3rd-party software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2013 Feb 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe should never install software I was not alerted to and from which can't opt out. This is worse than the Oracle Ask toolbar crap in Java. At least they let you opt out if you are paying attention.

I don't want McAfee anything, ever. Period. STOP INFECTING MY COMPUTER WITH IT!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently the option to opt out is being hidden in a pop-up ad so that most users do not see it.

Crappy that Adobe has to resort to scammer tricks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If you are using ad-blockers or you have javascript disabled you will not be able to see the third party offers.

Capture.JPG

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have kaspercy which seems to stop a lot of stuff getting through and ive NOised how to stop it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This topic is over 4 years old.  Since emails are automatically sent to everyone on the discussion, I am locking it to prevent users, who posted here 4 years ago, from receiving new emails. 

We have requested the team that maintains the download page to add a comment about JavaScript having to be enabled and to disable ad-blockers when the third-party offers are blocked.  I don't have an estimate as to when that will be implemented.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines