• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I dump the buffer?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to keep up-to-the-second with realtime streaming video, and after a few glitches of course I'm not, I'm retrieving from the buffer.

I want to use a pause in the proceedings to get caught up, but F5 merely retrieves from the buffer and I am not caught up.

How do I quickly dump the streaming buffer and reload the most recent page without closing the browser?  I need to do it very quickly so I don't miss much.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player is a language runtime, not a video player per se.  You can *write* a video player with it, and I think from ActionScript, you'd probably just delete and create a new NetStream object to the video origin.  Unless you're the content author or can develop your own player that connects to the video stream directly, refresh is really your best bet.  It seems odd that the buffered content persists through a page refresh (unless maybe it's using HTTP streaming and the browser itself is caching it), are you sure that you're watching Flash video and not HTML5 video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  It is happening in Flash.  I am not the author and I don't know if the site or the browser is doing it.  They may think it's what the consumers prefer.

These temporary files must have a name and maybe a common extension, I wonder, maybe I could just erase it from time to time during the stream?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In general, temporary files like that are given unique, random names.  You don't want an attacker to be able to stage files on a system, then also know (or be able to predict) the filename.  How painful would it be to spawn a new incognito window?  That should insulate you from anything that the browser or Flash caches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What a novel idea:-)  I'll try it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines