How do I find the sales of Adobe Flash Player in years?

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2019 Aug 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an Internal Assessment for my Business subject in my IB diploma. I have decided to make a commentary on Adobe Flash Player which would be discontinued next year. Is there any way to analyze the sales of the product in different years? From the start of the product till now. I needed to construct a Product Life Cycle. Thanks in advanced!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 05, 2019 Aug 05, 2019
Yeah, Flash Player is a free product.  There's definitely a business model, but I'll leave that for you to research for your project.  I have a general policy of not helping people do their homework in this venue (although it's usually someone asking for help on their programming project). In this instance, I don't know that Adobe would publish data publicly with that level of granularity for public consumption.  You're asking in a user-to-user forum for technical issues, so probably not the ven...

Translate

Translate
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 04, 2019 Aug 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sales = zero.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2019 Aug 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, Flash Player is a free product.  There's definitely a business model, but I'll leave that for you to research for your project.  I have a general policy of not helping people do their homework in this venue (although it's usually someone asking for help on their programming project).

In this instance, I don't know that Adobe would publish data publicly with that level of granularity for public consumption.  You're asking in a user-to-user forum for technical issues, so probably not the venue where you'd find business experts anyway.  If the data isn't already published in a public report, it's not something that we would be able to provide.  Our public corporate reports and filings are probably what you would need to look at for your research. Your professor may have some recommendations on where to start on that front.

There's a lot of stuff on the web detailing the history of Flash Player that's easily discoverable through a google search, and Wikipedia is an obvious first place to start.  Check the list of citations for authoritative sources, etc...

Good luck!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines