• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I get an old debug version of FlashPlayer running on a Mac?

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running macOS Mojave 10.14.2, Chrome 71.0.3578.98, Safari 12.0.2.  I need to use an old (11.1...) debug version of FlashPlayer, but I can't figure out how to get it installed on my current versions of Chrome or Safari.  Can anyone tell me how to get one of the browsers to use the older debug version?  Every set of steps I can find is many years old and no longer relevant - the menu choices and such have changed in the browsers, especially Chrome, so these old steps are no longer doable.  I'd like to use FP 11.1.102.55 or something close to it if I can.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

11.1.102.55, released Nov 11, 2011 is much, much too old to be installed on macOS 10.14.

If you have access to an older system it may work.  When 11.1.102.55 was released, it was supported on OS X 10.6 & 10.7.

For Chrome, there was no PPAPI debugger at the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do youo have any reason to use version 11? If not you still can download flash debugger last NPAPI or ActiveX version

for firefox or IE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

MacOS APIs are deprecated aggressively, so you're not going to get an old version of Flash Player to run on a current version of MacOS.  Flash Player is backwards-compatible to content compiled for earlier versions, so you should be able to run the latest version of the Flash Player debugger.

If you *really* need to run that specific version of the debugger (I can't think of a legitimate reason for why you'd need to do this), you'd need to run a version of MacOS that roughly correlates to it.

If you're getting prompted to install Flash Player and you have the current Flash Player debugger installed, that's another issue entirely, and is probably related to the fact that your browser is blocking Flash Player from operating normally.  JavaScript on the page doesn't see Flash in that instance, and will usually (and erroneously) display whatever messaging about needing "Flash Player version <whatever>" was hardcoded into the page when it was created.

In reality, you probably need to activate Flash in the browser in those instances:

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines