How do I get the flash player pop up

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I used to videochat on Internet Explorer, but since a couple of weeks these sites (like chatroulette or omegle) say this internet browser is outdated and i have to use Chrome or Microfsoft Edge.

But when I want to videochat on Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge, I dont get the flash player pop up as I used to get on internet explorer. So there is no possiblity to let Omegle use my webcam. Therefore i get an error> On Chrome: Error with camera: requested device not found. And on Microsoft Edge the error is: Please let Omegle use your camera (for 0.1 seconds), and then: Error with camera: [object Mediastreamerror].

When i troubleshoot for these errors, I see no other people having these errors. so I am very lost right now regarding this issue.

I already looked up my settings wether flash player is allowed and all of that what I found on the internet, but there was nothing to find which solved it.

I already posted this problem but didn't felt satisfied with the answer, and my problem could be explained a little bit better. Hope to get an explanation and perhaps a solution.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The bottom line is that browsers have introduced restrictions on both how *all* content can access the Camera and Mic, and how Flash Player is executed.  Omegle and Chatroulette need to update their sites, but I get the impression that they either don't have the resources, or they've moved on to other priorities.  Ideally, they'd just reimplement the services with WebRTC -- you don't need Flash for web-based cam chat in 2018.

That said:

Most browsers now require that all content on the page be served over HTTPS in order to gain access to the Microphone and Camera.  If the page isn't loaded over HTTPS and/or the lock icon is not displayed, the browser is unlikely to allow anything to access the Camera and Mic, including Flash.  If the page is loading over HTTPS, but they're including ads over HTTP, that's a problem, the lock icon should not display, and the mic and camera will not be accessible until they fix it.

In Chrome, you can click on the lock icon next to the address bar to adjust permissions for a given site.  You can explicitly allow Camera, Microphone and Flash.  At that point, Flash can see that the computer has a camera and mic available (until you allow the camera and mic in Chrome, it will just return an empty list of devices to Flash), at which point, we can then throw our own camera/mic prompts.

If this sounds convoluted and likely to break content that isn't explicitly designed for that complex set of behaviors and states, you would be correct.

You can also explicitly allow access to the camera and microphone from Flash by right-clicking on Flash content and choosing Settings, then checking the Privacy tab, (and the Camera/Mic tabs to ensure that Flash sees the right camera and microphone, and that they're selected and working).

You might have to manually enable every possible Mic/Camera permission in both the browser and Flash, then refresh the page before it will actually present you with a usable application.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines