• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I install 32-bit flash player on my win7x64 PC for my firefox 53.0 (32-bit) browser?

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Support URL: adobe flashplayer not working with firefox | Firefox Support Forum | Mozilla Support   recommends installing the 32 bit version of Adobe Flash Player, but I have been unable to do that with your process.  The version they mentioned is: 11x32_mssa_aih

The symptom I have experienced when trying to view a slideshow is that the slides are not displayed and the 'info' is squished:

This is a sample page: Hooded Merganser – Bird of the Day – Wild Bird Company Saturday Bird Walk 09.17.16

Help Please!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link you reference is from 7 years ago when we used to offer separate 32- and 64-bit installer.  Now we only have a single installer that supports both 32- and 64-bit systems.  Using Firefox, go to https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer to download the latest version of the installer (note this page contains optional third party software offerings).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AdobeFlashInstallr4270952.jpgAdobeFlashInstallr4270952_B.jpgAdobeInstalled.jpgBirdsFF.jpgThe images show the steps I took and the result.  The latest version of Adobe Flash Player does not work with Firefox!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2017 Apr 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem behavior began in recent months.  It behaves appropriately with seldom used Internet Explorer:

BirdsIE.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am hoping that a response on another forum:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1158449?fpa=1

may aid you in helping me to find a lasting solution:

Firefox's Web Console lists numerous errors (at least one for each image) referring to the site's Content Security Policy (CSP). Since the requests are made through Flash, I'm not sure how to diagnose that further, but one workaround would be to temporarily set Firefox to ignore the site's CSP. This reduces your protection against alien scripts possibly being run by the site, so it's a good idea to turn it back on again when you are no longer experiencing this problem.

Screenshot attached for comparison.

Here are the steps:

(1) In a new tab, type or paste about:config in the address bar and press Enter/Return. Click the button promising to be careful.

(2) In the search box above the list, type or paste .csp and pause while the list is filtered

(3) Double-click the security.csp.enable preference to switch the value from true to false

I think you'll need to reload the viewer and then it should work.

When you're done, you can double-click security.csp.enable again to switch it back to true.

If you are a regular Flickr user, could you report this problem to them?

https://support.cdn.mozilla.net/media/uploads/images/2017-04-30-15-22-50-bab1e3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, in general, the browser will mediate our network requests.  If the browser doesn't like it, we're not getting the content back.  In general, we suppress error messages in the release target of Flash Player.  The ActionScript Debugger variant of Flash Player may provide runtime errors with more detail about the failing requests, but I agree that your diagnosis is in the right neighborhood.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I was able view the slideshow in Flickr running on FireFox. Thankfully, I no longer need to use the temporary solution provided at: Why will Adobe Flash Player not work on my win7x64 PC for my Firefox 53.0 (32-bit) browser? | Firefo...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Awesome, it sounds like Flickr solved their CSP configuration issue.  Glad it's working!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines