• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I install Flashplayer updates without McAfee

Participant ,
Apr 29, 2014 Apr 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to install Flashplay updates (for which I'm prompted) without installing McAfee virus checker. This very long dialogue thread http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1056732?start=0&tstart=0 claims (from staff) that you can uncheck a box so it is not installed. I did NOT get a checkbox. I clicked to run installation and a dialogue box came up indicating that both Flash and McAfee had started to install. When it finished both were installed.

Is it possible to install Flash without McAfee? If not can someone tell me that I need to uninstall it after installation. I may be wrong, but you boys may be running into problems here. I've had problems before with two different virus checkers installed. If someone had a security violation and it was found that a conflict had caused the problem, and that the McAfee had been forcibly installed you might run into trouble.

You are installing software on my private machine without my authority.

I'm just saying.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rob_ashcroft wrote:

If someone had a security violation and it was found that a conflict had caused the problem, and that the McAfee had been forcibly installed you might run into trouble.

You are installing software on my private machine without my authority.

I'm just saying.

Per the EULA... when you click "Download", you agree to accept ANY files you don't specifically opt out of. Adobe's legal team spent numerous hours making sure that the EULA and downloaders are in compliance with applicable laws,  and will stand up to any legal challenge.

"I'm just saying...."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Mike. When I ran your second link (Firefox) it installed Flash V.13 with no download of McAfee. That is not what happened this morning. I had a pop-up window from Adobe prompting me to update flash, which took me to a different link which also downloaded McAfee. Why the difference?

I'm just asking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why the difference?

GUI installer (1mb) vs FULL installer (18mb).

GUI is the default - "Sponsored" to offset server bandwidth and development costs.

FULL installer is for installs on "standalone systems" and for people who have troubles with the GUI installer... or people (like you and me) who can't stand bundled junk with their updates.

Bookmark those links. They remain the same even when the version is updated. Then when you see an update notification, just use them.

Also: http://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/  for Reader updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Mike. Very useful. I will use the links in future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines