• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I press a key to stop sounds?

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently working on a soundboard in Flash CS5 Actionscript 3.0, I am somewhat new to this, so I was wondering if anyone still knows how to set it so I can press the spacebar to stop all of the sounds currently playing. Would help me a lot and I would much appreciate a response. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

You would want to create an event listener on the keypress, and a corresponding callback function to stop the sounds.  

https://help.adobe.com/en_US/as3/dev/WS5b3ccc516d4fbf351e63e3d118a9b90204-7d01.html

But like other folks have pointed out, you'd be far better off building an equivalent in JavaScript unless there's a profoundly compelling reason to use Flash (you're maintaining a legacy application in an enterprise environment, etc).  Animate CC lets you output animation to native web techno

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I'm currently working on a soundboard in Flash CS5 Actionscript 3.0"

I don't mean to be flippant, Lester5E61, but why bother?

Flash Player is being permanently discontinued in a couple of weeks.  Without a player, nobody will be able to do anything with your Flash-based app.

https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/end-of-life.html

Suggest you switch from outdated Flash CS5 to modern Animate CC.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You would want to create an event listener on the keypress, and a corresponding callback function to stop the sounds.  

https://help.adobe.com/en_US/as3/dev/WS5b3ccc516d4fbf351e63e3d118a9b90204-7d01.html

But like other folks have pointed out, you'd be far better off building an equivalent in JavaScript unless there's a profoundly compelling reason to use Flash (you're maintaining a legacy application in an enterprise environment, etc).  Animate CC lets you output animation to native web technologies.  I'd highly recommend downloading a trial, and checking out the Animate CC forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines